Brushed DC motor h bridge/ driver chip

Hello, for small BDC motors positioning I use L298. Arduino controller read encoder pulses and generate PWM pulses to control L298. But now I want to run bigger motor, so L298 is bottle neck. Can someone recommend CHIP as L298 but much powerful? About motor: *power supply 24V. *current minimum 4A continuous. Motor current with load is about 3,5A. Because motor will be used for positioning, max current have to be "much" bigger. Sorry for "much", but I don't know BDC motor stall current.

As I mentioned: I would like that that H bridge/ driver would be in one chip as L298. I would control it same as L298.

can you share what you use?

I need chip, because I will build my own PCB. I need components, not build board.

the chip you described is a H-bridge driver. going over the power level that produces requires taking the logic held inside that driver and spreading them out. this will require 4 transistors and some capacitors and is very simple to do.

here is a great step-by-step tutorial: 10A H-Bridge Motor Controller - Introduction | PyroElectro - News, Projects & Tutorials

hope this helps!

Pololu has a good line of brushed DC motor drivers. They can feature current sense feedback (an analog voltage proportional to the motor current). Along with built-in protection against reverse-voltage, over-voltage, under-voltage, over-temperature, and over-current, depending on the particular driver.

Ertas:
Hello,
for small BDC motors positioning I use L298. Arduino controller read encoder pulses and generate PWM pulses to control L298. But now I want to run bigger motor, so L298 is bottle neck. Can someone recommend CHIP as L298 but much powerful?
About motor:
*power supply 24V.
*current minimum 4A continuous. Motor current with load is about 3,5A. Because motor will be used for positioning, max current have to be “much” bigger. Sorry for “much”, but I don’t know BDC motor stall current.

Then please please please tell us which motor you are talking about - no point copying some of the specs,
just link to the datasheet or product page directly

Its possible to measure stall current directly or indirectly (supply voltage divided by winding resistance)

And say “DC motor” or “PMDC motor”, not “BDC motor”, that’s really confusing as its so like “BLDC”

As I mentioned: I would like that that H bridge/ driver would be in one chip as L298. I would control it same as L298.

can you share what you use?

Pololu website is a great the place to go looking, they have a good variety of motor driver boards
using various chips (such as the VNH series), and have schematics.

I need chip, because I will build my own PCB. I need components, not build board.