Can Arduino send data to PLC ?

Hello, I am newbie with Arduino and PLC. I'm working on my project about measuring Voltage, Current, and Temperature of Lead-acid Battery via Arduino. Afterward, Arduino will send the collected data to PLC ,and PLC will send to HMI or application in android.

"Can Arduino send data to PLC ? or Can Arduino communicate between PLC ?"

I still don't buy Arduino and PLC yet. However, Arduino UNO R3 and Siemen PLC maybe my choices. (I don't know that what kind of PLC my lab have, maybe siemen i think. )

I did find or search in google but i didn't get information i needed.

Thank you.

Why do you need a PLC? Are you doing this for industry?

If you really, really need a PLC, then yes. Wikipedia says that they usually have RS232, RS422, RS485, and Ethernet ports. With the proper shield and library, you can setup your Arduino to talk with the PLC.

If you want to only talk to an Android or webpage, why not just use a Bluetooth module and/or wifi module? There are even GSM modules that can send you txt/calls. These will be a LOT cheaper and easier to deal with than buying a PLC.

Dear Power_Broker.

Thank you for your answer sir. I'm appreciated it. Let's start with my explanation. In my lab, there is PLC (but i don't know what kind of Siemen or other company) that communicates with PC and shows about energy generating by solar cell in front of my lab. There are the "graph" of Power, Reactive power , etc. By the way, I don't know that Arduino can or can't plot or make a graph. So I decided to use Arduino and PLC together to Arduino - combine with sensor for measuring and send data to PLC PLC - getting data from arduino and make a graph, set an alarm, send data to PC or android

And i need to measure battery 60 cell in real-time , I don't know that Arduino can bare it or not.

That's i thought about using Arduino and PLC.

Did you understand ? I tried to make it clear.

Ok, I see.

myjumpoon: By the way, I don't know that Arduino can or can't plot or make a graph. So I decided to use Arduino and PLC together to

The Arduino IDE has a basic serial plotter, but it probably isn't as robust as you need.

myjumpoon: And i need to measure battery 60 cell in real-time , I don't know that Arduino can bare it or not.

You might be able to. Here are the two options:

1. Make a circuit that knocks down the measured voltage to 0-5V level. This will only work if you expect no more than 5V fluctuations in the voltages you are measuring.

2. Buy a sensor/board that can both measure the voltages and report data to the Arduino.

Dear Power_Broker

Thank you for your answer sir. I will try to understand about sensor and RS233 and others. If i have any trouble, i will be back .