Can I use just one output to connect my arduino to my motor via H-Bridge?

Hello! I 've looked at some H-bridge tutorials and was wondering: if I don't care which way a motor spins that hooked up to my Hbridge and Arduino, can I connect just an output from my arduino to the Hbridge (along with the power, etc.), or do I have to have both an input and output to the H-Bridge from the Arduino?

You can tie one of the motor speed/direction pins to GND or 5V and the other to a digital pin on the Arduino. I suppose it depends on the motor driver, but typically when both pins are low the motor can freewheel and when both are high it will brake. So it depends on your driver, and your application, as to whether you would want to tie one of the pins high or low.

Chagrin: You can tie one of the motor speed/direction pins to GND or 5V and the other to a digital pin on the Arduino. I suppose it depends on the motor driver, but typically when both pins are low the motor can freewheel and when both are high it will brake. So it depends on your driver, and your application, as to whether you would want to tie one of the pins high or low.

Thanks man! I'm using a TI Hbridge.

So from a programming standpoint, If I used two pins would I program both pins for the motor as LOW if I wanted it to run, and high to leave it off? Thank you!

You'll need to provide a link to the specific H-bridge you're using.

Chagrin:
You’ll need to provide a link to the specific H-bridge you’re using.

SN754410 Texas Instruments. Thanks!

The motor spins when the pins are in opposite states; one high and one low. When both are low then the motor will freewheel; when both are high then the motor will brake.