Cannot get computer to recognise Digispark ATTiny85

I am a total newcomer to Arduino and ATTiny85 etc so please bear with me.

I have followed all of the steps to install and configure Arduino IDE, as well as the steps to install and configure Windows 10 with drivers and Linux with config for the ATTiny85, also tried on MacOS 10.13 (the most recent I have), however I cannot get the computer or Arduino IDE to recognise the ATTiny85 board when I plug it in. I go through the procedure of clicking the Upload button, it says the message about a 60 second timeout, I plug in the board via USB (tried with and without a USB hub, USB 3 and USB 2 ports on the computer), the red LED on the board lights up but nothing further happens.

In a YouTube video a guy describes how one should install drivers and then update the drivers for the ATTiny85, which for him appears as a hidden item in the Other category in Device Manager. I do not see this so cannot progress.

Is there a way that I can confirm if the ATTiny85 that I have are good and working? What would I need in order to re-flash the bootloader myself in case that is the problem?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated!

The ATTINY is a chip, and does not have drivers! It has no connection to plug into a computer!

Please supply a link to your ATTINY85 that does.

Here is where I purchased the microcontrollers from:

Here's a video on YouTube about setup and installation:

There are plenty of people using these exact boards, however I haven't been able to find help for my problem as yet.

Let me google it for you

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.