Capacitive buttons with Arduino

Hello,
I'm looking for some solution which finally would give me a button like this one:

I have found a development kit like:

but I have no idea how transform that kit to final solution.
Any advice?

So are you after a touch-sensitive screen for the Arduino or just a set of touch button with an icon on them (entirely different approach required for both)?

The former can be achieved with a fairly straightforward OLED touch sensitive screen which has a demo program that makes the screen look like a mobile phone key pad and works in the same manner (doesn't make calls, obviously!). I haven't got a video to demo this (yet).

The latter could use a CAP1188 breakout board from Adafruit but where you supply the touch pad(s) to your liking. I give a very, very brief demo of this one in my YouTube video #28 (URL in the signature of this post).

Thanks for answer - Im looking for capacitive button panel.
I know that I can use LCD screen same as smartphone but I believe that's going to be more power consuming than capacitive button.

but I believe that's going to be more power consuming than capacitive button

So you are an expert already at knowing the relative power consumption of two different technologies without looking at the data sheet.
I can't do that so you must be much better than me. So why are you asking questions and not answering them?

First of all I have not found any solution based on capacitive buttons panel - so how can I give you comparison?
Secondly I wrote I believe which means that is my assumption.

So why are You posting an feedback which is saying nothing ?

I a sure you could use a MPR121 in some configuration.
http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.Xmpr121.TRS0&_nkw=mpr121&_sacat=0

thanks,

that's true I saw these but that's just an half of solution I need to have also some glass border.

I'm looking for ready, nice looking product which I can connect to Arduino.

So why are You posting an feedback which is saying nothing ?

My feed back is saying that you are assuming a solution when you have no idea of the alternatives and making false assumptions.
Basically when you say:-

Secondly I wrote I believe which means that is my assumption.

You are making a false assumption. That is why I posted my feedback.

The Arduino is all about making things not about bolting nice looking products together. If you want a nice looking product that assumes that other people want exactly the same nice looking product for it to be worth while some one making it. You can find such a product but it will be at a cost.
Like this one:-
Cap sense evaluation kit

That's where you can come in :wink:

You can easily attach metal buttons etc. to a Plexiglas plate framed in wood like oak.

If you're really after a Capacitive Touch panel then the CAP1188 could be for you as it gives you 8 inputs, adjustable sensitivity, whether to allow multiple touches (and if so, how many) and self-calibrates upon switch on - but it does require you to provide a good looking method of implementing the touch pads themselves.

If you look at video #28 (URL in sig of this post) you will see a very rough and ready demo of the CAP1188 and its abilities in allowing me to switch cameras when creating those YouTube videos. It is now already in an advanced state of preparation (that means I have a few bits on my workbench ready :confused: ) and will form the basis of an entirely new video in the very near future. It's not a cheap product (just under £10 / $15) but so much more reliable than using the Arduino's analog pins!

If however, you want a nicely formed plastic/metal touch plate that looks as though it is part of a high-end sound system then this may not be for you - I'm going for a simplistic (and cheap, yet robust) approach as it's only me that will be looking at it!