chicken coop doors that open automatically.

Hey guys!

Let me introduce me first:
I am a total beginner and just got my first Arduino starter kit. It is a basic one with few transistors, LEDs, etc. I have actually made a traffic light. I own a computer repair service and have some basic knowledge of electronics, and what is more important, I have a lot of spare parts like old printers(motors).

Now I would like to quickly move towards creating an automatical door for my chicken coop that opens in the morning and close in the evening.

I have no idea how to start. What kind of motor should I get? What else do I need? What should I be careful about? I would like to learn things as I go and would like to get some kind of directions and help from someone who knows how to start a project like this.

I am planning to get 220V to the coop and power my Arduino and electromotor with that. I also have some basic programming skills and I believe I will find some guides on the web regarding that. -> I have searched the web for a project similar to what I would like to do but couldn't find anything related. If you can point me to a guide, I will be thankful too!

Thank you for taking your time!

There are like 10 kagillion chicken coop door threads on this site. Have you searched much?

10 kagillion and 1

Search this site.

Here is a start:

K1 shown de-energized should be K2 shown de-energized

An RTC is good to add also.