Choosing a good 433mhz receiver

Ok, I got Audacity setup and running in Windows using a 10k and a 1k resistor divider network for the sensor, then tapped off that to feed the audio card. I can see the data bursts about every 40 seconds I guess, but unlike all the other Audacity pictures I've seen in various articles I don't see what appears to be somewhat nice square waves that can be easily measured. Can you please advise me on how you set up your Audacity, and do my resistor values seem ok?
Also, what receiver did you use with Audacity?
Al

Post a screen shot of what you see, and think is a data burst.

I don't see what appears to be somewhat nice square waves

You need to zoom in to the data segment of interest.

I know how to zoom into the message bursts. I can very easily see them. I brought the transmitter into my room and watched the red led blink, then visually observed the busts on Audacity. I'll upload the 2 images. Let me know what you think.

Al

Also, I just realized my Dell XPS8920 does not have a line input jack. I've been using the microphone. jack. Thought it would only be fair to let you know some accurate info. Do you think using the mike jack might be the problem?

Al

That does not look like valid or useful radio data to me.

I haven't tried it, but I imagine that you would have to divide the radio output down by a factor of 100 or 1000 to feed into a mike input.

Yep, agreed. I did build a voltage divider network to cut it way back.
Trying to decide if I want to go buy another sound card with line input(s) and shutdown the integrated Dell sound stuff. That's if I want to continue using Audacity.

Al

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.