Choosing a good 433mhz receiver

Getting ready to start working with 433mhz sensors.
I just ordered probably the cheapest Chinese 433mhz receivers available from Amazon. Made by WayInTop, with what looks like an adjustable cap in middle of board. This will do for a short time, but I'm interested in a bit better receiver. Could one or more of ya recommend a couple of better receivers and associated libraries for the Arduino please.

Thanks Al

The superheterodyne receivers are more sensitive, and much more selective.

Example: https://www.amazon.com/SMAKN-433Mhz-Superheterodyne-Wireless-Receiver/dp/B06XFDP6JS

Do you know if this receiver can be used to decode/receive Acurite signals?

Al

Yes, at least for some Acurite sensors, if the signals are transmitted on the 434 MHz band.

Ok, I received the new superhet today and got it all hooked up.
The noise seems to be just as bad as that $1 receiver, plus the arduino is not decoding anything.
The cheep Rx at least occasionally would detect sync.
So ... now I gotta decide if in fact I got a good receiver, and if so start digging in and see if I can get it going. Else order another Rx. Thoughts comments?

Oh yea, what's you recommended library for this receiver.

Al

Of course it is. When not locked onto a suitable signal, those modules all generate white noise.

Suspect the rest of your setup, and verify all other parts of the operation, before you blame the new part.

I also recommend a superheterodyne type of receiver, even it may be more expensive. The only problem I encountered that some 433MHz keyfobs may issue signals that slightly deviate from 433,92MHz and suppressed by the narrow band window of such receivers. But that's being rather a keyfob's problem, not receiver's. You can have a look at some of my projects where such superheterodyne modules are used.