[Closed] Wifi Shield AT32UC3A1512-u upgrade nightmare

Dear all,

First of all thank you for reading this.

Before posting I did my maximum with everything I read. I just subscribed to the forum since i found every information needed until now just by browsing.

I found this link http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=175173.0 with the similar problem but until now i do not found the right reason and solution since this topic mix a lot of problems.

I decided to upgrade the wifi shield according the tutorial: http://arduino.cc/en/Hacking/WiFiShieldFirmwareUpgrading

I tested the procedure under Mac and Windows and I got exactly the same issue.

I use the drivers coming from 1.6.4 version of the Arduino program.

Every step of the procedures is successful on the screen.

But I get a very strange hardware behavior and I would like to exchange with you:

• I first upgrade the wifi_dnld.elf. Under windows the batchisp executable explains me that everything pass. At the end of this upgrade, the "LINK" led becomes green 4 seconds and then light off. The "DATA" led becomes blue and stays blue.

c:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Flip 3.4.7\bin>batchisp.exe -device AT32UC3A1512 -h
ardware usb -operation erase f memory flash blankcheck loadbuffer "C:\Program Fi
les (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\firmwares\wifishield\binary\wifi_dnld.elf
" program verify start reset 0

• Then I reset the board (only solution to get the board seen by Windows back). I then upgrade the wifiHD.elf and then everything satsy lighten off. No led.

c:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Flip 3.4.7\bin>batchisp.exe -device AT32UC3A1512 -h
ardware usb -operation erase f memory flash blankcheck loadbuffer "C:\Program Fi
les (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\firmwares\wifishield\binary\wifiHD.elf" p
rogram verify start reset 0

• Then I shutdown everything,I move the jumper, I reconnect the arduino (I removed the mini usb cable) I try to test the shield with a dummy program (ConnectWithWPA) and i obtain the "No Wifi Shield Connected " message

4 hours this sunday morning, nearly get nervous breakdown :disappointed_relieved:

Thanks a lot !

I found this tutorial explaining that the blue solid led is normal: WiFi Shield and firmware version - Networking, Protocols, and Devices - Arduino Forum

OK then I think my shield is well upgraded. Continuing the analysis...

OK. This post can be closed.
This is an experience good to share: In fact I use a development board integrating an LCD so that the shield is not directly connected to the arduino. This intermediate layer causes the problem.
Thanks a lot