compilation terminated. exit status 1 Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino

Hi,
I was trying to learn and play a little bit with alarm code that i have found here

http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_TimeAlarms.html .

When i try to compile that code, i got this error message. I did not change anything in the code.I simple copy/paste it. I am newbie in coding so,help needed.
Some others code examples are working fine,and this one is what I need it for my project and is not working…

Arduino: 1.6.13 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

C:\Users\bencs\Desktop\sketch_alarm_relay_trigger\sketch_alarm_relay_trigger.ino:15:24: fatal error: TimeAlarms.h: No such file or directory

#include <TimeAlarms.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

That error indicates that you are trying to use a library that is not installed.

In your case, it looks like you're getting the library from the Teensy support forum. Have you made sure that the library is compatible with the traditional Arduino boards, not just the teensy?

hi felix,

Go to library and download the TimeAlarms library.

Unzip the file to your Arduino / libraries folder and restart your IDE.

Pat.

Sorted, thank you lads :slight_smile:

DrAzzy:
That error indicates that you are trying to use a library that is not installed.

In your case, it looks like you're getting the library from the Teensy support forum. Have you made sure that the library is compatible with the traditional Arduino boards, not just the teensy?

You're right. I didn't know that is a difference in code. But at least I learned something about alarm coding. Thanks :slight_smile: