Complete beginner that needs help with a project. Fading LEDs

Hey Guys,
I am completely new to the Arduino and to programming for that matter. I am trying to control individual LEDs on a LED strip (WS2812B) I can get as many LEDs to light up and blink as I want but I cannot find anything that helps me fade the color from, lets say red to blue. Here is my initial code:

#include <FastLED.h>
#define NUM_LEDS 10
#define DATA_PIN 7

CRGB leds[NUM_LEDS];

void setup() {
FastLED.addLeds<WS2812B, DATA_PIN, GRB>(leds, NUM_LEDS);
// put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
leds[2] = CRGB::Yellow;
FastLED.show();
delay(1000);
// put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}
I am using an Arduino uno and have a strip of WS2812B 240 LEDs. I can find multiple preset codes but everyone of them uses the strip as a whole and I want to only control, lets say 5 random LEDs. I could totally use some help. Thanks

You must send out data for all of them every time, as they pass the data from chip to chip.
You can send the same data for 235 and only different data for 5 so only those 5 appear to change.

Yes but I cannot find the code to change them. Even though I'm trying to learn how to program I do not know how to do it.

Yes but I cannot find the code to change them.

Yes you can every code does this, you are just missing it.

Set the last LED colour to red then show the strip, then set the last colour to blue and show the strip, and so on. That just changes the last LED, you don't have to change all of them every time.

RTFM