Connect Lynxmotion wireless PS2 controller to Arduino Uno - 'Unknown Controller'

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a wireless control system for an old Robonova I got my hands on.

I want to set up my Lynxmotion Wirelsss PS2 controller (V3 with level shifter) to my Arduino Uno.

My problem is that using Bill Porters excellent guide I have got it working only twice and I'm not sure how?

I wire up the level shifter and controller set up to the Arduino Uno, plug in the USB for power and serial read out and the very first time it worked straight away, the controller connected and I had button press readouts.

Then the next time it stopped. The serial read out read;

'No controller found, check wiring, see readme.txt to enable debug. visit www.billporter.info for troubleshooting tips Unknown Controller type found '

I notice the controller flashes when I open serial monitor, could this be an issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Issue Resolved (sort of)

I've seen that opening the Serial monitor seems to reset the PS2 controller.

In Bill Porter's code he mentions within his comments that the Arduino must be reset after the controller is connected.

For this Lynxmotion PS2 controller there is an additional step of pressing the 'Analog' button.

1) Connecting the arduino to PC USB. Open Serial. Turn on controller. (Controller and receiver should pair, Serial read out will read 'No controller found, check wiring, see readme.txt to enable debug. visit www.billporter.info for troubleshooting tips Unknown Controller type found')

2)**Press 'Analog' button on the controller, the RX light should illuminate.

3) Press reset button on Ardunio. Serial Monitor read out will now show connection messages and indicate button presses.

This is more of a work around, I don't fully understand WHY it behaves like this but hopefully this might help someone who comes across this issue in the future.