Connecting Arduino UNO to Wifi using ESP8266MOD

Hi guys,
I have an Arduino Uno and an ESP8266MOD. I want to send sensor data from my Arduino Uno to a ThingSpeak Server. As I already have an ESP8266MOD, how can I set it up with my UNO so as to have Wifi connectivity.

I could not find a decent tutorial that uses mod version of ESP8266.

Thank you for helping!

Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Not exactually your question but why is the UNO needed? Can't you put the UNO functions on the ESP8266?

If you indeed need to connect the two you must give us more information. Exactly what signals are you trying to connect between the two devices? What information are you planning to exchange?

John

1 Like

The Introductory Tutorials section is for posting, guess what, tutorials for helping beginners. You have asked a question, not actually posted a tutorial.
Therefore I have moved your post here. Please be more careful where you post in future.

You may want to read this before you proceed:-
how to get the best out of this forum

Hi John,
Actually I have many sensors whose data I am trying to send to the server for remote access. As Uno has many analog pins instead of the one in NodeMCU I guess I have to use it.

I just want to send some API calls from the Arduino to internet using NodeMCU. The Arduino doesnt need any information from the server.

Okay, I will mind that in the future.

Sounds like a very bad guess. Better to use a suitable multi-input ADC as a peripheral to the ESP.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.