Connection of an arduino mkrzero with a rfid-reader

Hello everybody

I’m a beginner in programming with arduino but I’m trying to run a rfid reader with adruino. The RFID Reader is from seeedstudio (125KHz). I have connected the Reader mit 5V/Ground and also to the pins 13(RX) and 14(TX) (Serial1). Now I have the problem that when I upload my code nothing happens. I imagine that after compiling and running the code by placing a rfid-tag near the reader coil the ID of the rfid tag should appear in the serial monitor. Below you can see my code.

I would appreciate any kind of help, since in the web I really cannot find anything what helps my further.

Thank you.

unsigned char buffer[64]; // buffer array for data receive over serial port
int count = 0; // counter for buffer array

void setup()
{
Serial1.begin(9600); // the SoftSerial baud rate
Serial.begin(9600); // the Serial port of Arduino baud rate.
}

void loop()
{
// if date is coming from software serial port ==> data is coming from SoftSerial shield
if (Serial1.available())
{
while(Serial1.available()) // reading data into char array
{
buffer[count++] = Serial1.read(); // writing data into array
if(count == 64)break;
}
Serial.write(buffer, count); // if no data transmission ends, write buffer to hardware serial port
clearBufferArray(); // call clearBufferArray function to clear the stored data from the array
count = 0; // set counter of while loop to zero
}
if (Serial.available()) // if data is available on hardware serial port ==> data is coming from PC or notebook
{
Serial1.write(Serial.read()); // write it to the SoftSerial shield
}

}
void clearBufferArray() // function to clear buffer array
{
// clear all index of array with 0
for (int i=0; i<count; i++)
{
buffer*=0;*

• } *
    }

The RFID Reader is from seeedstudio (125KHz). I have connected the Reader mit 5V/Ground and also to the pins 13(RX) and 14(TX) (Serial1).

The readers RX pin goes to pin 14 (TX1) and TX to pin 13 (RX1). As your description is not clear, please check that. That’s the reason we usually ask for a wiring diagram.