Controlling an actuator using arduino CAN shield

Hi guys.
I have this CAN-BUS Shield

and I want to turn on and off an actuator in clockwise rotation and counter clockwise rotation.
Imgur
Imgur
I want to use this blink example code to activate the actuator using HIGH an LOW signal from shield CAN terminal.
If I upload this code to arduino and connect can bus shild, will my CAN-BUS Shield convert arduino digital signal into CAN signal so that the actuator can be activated?

/*
  Blink
  Turns on an LED on for one second, then off for one second, repeatedly.

This example code is in the public domain.
 */

// Pin 13 has an LED connected on most Arduino boards.
// give it a name:
int led = 13;

// the setup routine runs once when you press reset:
void setup() {                
  // initialize the digital pin as an output.
  pinMode(led, OUTPUT);     
}

// the loop routine runs over and over again forever:
void loop() {
  digitalWrite(led, HIGH);   // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
  delay(1000);               // wait for a second
  digitalWrite(led, LOW);    // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
  delay(1000);               // wait for a second
}

Imgur

error occurs whenever I tried to post my answer in this thread!!!
I am sorry.
I don't why error happends
Err

You didn't respond to questions the last time you asked this question. Why should we assume that you will this time?

Paul, I am very sorry.
I tried but I didn't know that I need google chrome to post my answer.
I was keep failing to reply to your comment.
So far, I couldn't get my actuator working.
I just want to see my actuator working using my arduino CAN BUS shield.
Please help me.

I just want to see my actuator working using my arduino CAN BUS shield.

Forget the CAN BUS shield for now. Can you get the actuator to move by applying a voltage to it by any means? What voltage is needed? How much current?

Hi Paul
Yes, I tried to apply voltage to my actuator and it works.
It slowly steps to one side all the way to the end.
Please check this video.
Imgur
Actually, the speed of this actuator supposed to be very rapid and clock wise & counter clock wise rotation should be possible.
Inside of this actuator, there is a brushless motor and its spec. is 12V, 5W, 1A.
The wire arrangement is like this.
The thick red and black wire on the left side of the connector is 12V and on the other side there is CAN HIGH and LOW signal wire.
Imgur

Inside of this actuator, there is a brushless motor and its spec. is 12V, 5W, 1A.

So, you are not going to be driving that motor directly from the Arduino. You'll need some kind of motor driver shield in between that can take a 5V input of low current and can control the needed power supply to drive that motor.

What does the CAN shield have to do with the problem?

Hi Paul,
The BLDC motor already has a driver inside of its alumimum housing.
But, do I still need a motor driver shield for arduino?
My actuator is specifically require CAN signal to operate the motor inside.
So, if I can put out CAN signal from CAN Bus shield output terminal, I think I could at least test the actuator whether the actuator is activated under CAN BUS signal.
is it possible to put out CAN signal using simple blink sketch by attaching CAN BUS shield on the arduino?

You need to find out, what sort of signal you have to provide from the arduino to the " can bus shield ", so that the can bus shield will send a signal to your motor in the format it expects.

You need to find some kind of instructions or schematic or library for this alleged shield.

Hi michinyon
Please advise me how should I approach to it.
In order to find out the signal format that this actuator expect, I think I need to read something out from this actuator.
To do that, I need to read it by using CAN BUS shield, am I right?
By applying the voltage to this actuator, I get something out from the signal HIGH & LOW pin of this actuator and I start from there, right?
To read something out from this actuator, how should I arrange CAN BUS shield on my arduino with which kind of code?
Please help me!

The BLDC motor already has a driver inside of its alumimum housing.

That driver isn't doing what you need, which is allowing two Arduino pins to control the motor direction and speed using 5V and 20mA.

But, do I still need a motor driver shield for arduino?

I think you know the answer to this.

My actuator is specifically require CAN signal to operate the motor inside.

What the hell is a "CAN signal"? You simply connected two wires to in the video, and it moved. No "CAN signal" anywhere in sight.

So, if I can put out CAN signal from CAN Bus shield output terminal, I think I could at least test the actuator whether the actuator is activated under CAN BUS signal.
is it possible to put out CAN signal using simple blink sketch by attaching CAN BUS shield on the arduino?

Well, first you have to define what a "CAN signal" is and why you think that motor only works with a "CAN signal".

The data that you need to define which way to make the actuator turn may come from something that is attached to the CAN shield, but that doesn't mean that a "CAN signal" is needed to make it move.