controlling zoom camera by arduino nano

hello all I tried for hours to search online on how to control an analogue zoom camera that is why I posted here, I want to buy one of two types of analogue cameras available at affordable price to use them with wirless video tx now connecting to video tx is straight forward video ground you are good to go, but how to control the zoom and focus is the issue! the interface as both cameras are the same principle but different zoom (10x or 30x) the interface is rs485 and the protocol is pelco-d , if some one can please supply a link or post on what to do for some one that has done this and it worked successfully for him, thanks in advance!

"hello all I tried for hours to search online on how to control an analogue zoom camera that is why I posted here,"

Use the forum Google search function in the upper right of this page to search for the key words of your project, like "pelco-d" and "rs485". You will probably find many similar previous project discussions and code to get you started.

this is a link to the camera 10x in description connections are mentioned

and this is another image of 10x cam

and this is a link to the 30x cam and its image

all what I found so far tell how to control movment but I just want zoom and focus

??????? isn't there some one who managed this I wish to succeed this project but my time is limited!! I hope to do like some other one succeeded to do to save time,

m2018222:
all what I found so far tell how to control movment but I just want zoom and focus

Please post links to what you’ve found.

The command set looks simple; I haven’t figured out yet if the camera will send a reply or not when it receives a command.

Searching this site for pelco-d (as suggested earlier) gives some threads that might provide information (most of them are just the question and never got a reply; for you to dig through them).

Further found using google pelco-d:

epiphan pelco-d command list; seems to be missing the stop command; see next link.

comm-front pelco-d tutorial; confused if this is pelco-d or pelco-p

and there is more.

I suggest that you buy the camera and a ttl-to-rs485 converter.

For the serial communication in the Arduino, you basically have two options
1)
Use software-serial on a Arduino Uno or Nano; it depends on the required baudrate if this will work or not.
2)
Use an Arduino that provides an additional serial port (Mega, Leonardo, Micro); the better solution.

thanks for reply mr strretegie this is what I found at https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=68809.0, I have no much free time that's why I preffered to search for a finished tested project rather than starting from zero, I may manage to do it my self but prefer to save time spent by others, once I go back to it I will update on results, until then hopefully some one and ofcourse some one else did it may share their solution to this