I am trying to find a credit card processing solution for my automated water sales system.
My system is currently set up to meter out the desired amount of water to the customer based on an active Account/PIN entered on an industrial touchscreen. It will do pre-paid and also post-paid transactions. In addition to these options, I would like to accept credit cards.
Here is how I would like this to work:
- Customer enters Account\PIN
- Customer selects payment type – Credit Card
- Customer enters desired amount of water
- Controller calculates cost of transaction
- Controller sends value to credit card machine
- Credit card machine verifies card/limit
- Order is filled
- Credit Card is charged
So, what I need is to interface my controller to the credit card equipment. My controller is a programmable logic controller (PLC). It has both ethernet and serial ports. It speaks native Modbus protocol, but is capable of many others.
If you have any solutions or advice on this matter, I would really appreciate it.