Desloo Ethernet Shield W5100 Micro-sd Card Slot

I could use some help! I bought one of these Ethernet shields from amazon.

(Desloo Ethernet Shield W5100 Micro-sd Card Slot for Arduino 2009 UNO Mega 1280 2560 Duemilanove)

I have tried to get the SD Card function to work for three days now researching the internet and have had no success getting SD card to function properly! I have tried several different arduino example programs. Also several Libraries that have been suggested. Formatted the card by windows, and then also formatted by SD-Formatter program. SD Card can be seen from a stand alone card reader that shows info on the SD card. I have tried this shield with Official UNO R3 and Official Mega 2560 R3 both running IDE 1.6.0 to no avail. The Ethernet side works fine on both boards! The error message is the standard "initialization Failed" on the card side. If any one could help It would be greatly appreciated!

Are you disabling the w5100 SPI before initializing the SD? Most example code doesn't.

void setup() {
  pinMode(10,OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(10,HIGH);

// rest of your setup

I have attached the code with changes you suggested. still gets error code of initialization failure.
Thanks for the response.

CardInfo.ino (3.52 KB)

That shield has no logic level converter. It appears to use resistors set up as voltage dividers, but that is not very efficient.

There is a post somewhere here that fat16lib wrote about using voltage dividers, but I can't find it now. Maybe he will show up and explain it again. It has to do with the capacitance of the SD circuit in conjunction with the resistance forming a rc filter that deteriorates the signals on the data lines.

edit: Here is a link to his post:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=220942.0

Thank You for all the help! It truly is appreciated, I guess I will Toss these in the garbage and try again with a different shield! To bad that there is not a forum on shields and accessories that are confirmed to work with the official Arduino boards without having to modify the code other than maybe pin assignment!