desoldering LDO regulator AMS1117 ==> avrdude: stk500_getsync ()

Dear,
after desoldering LDO regulator AMS1117 on mini Pro 3v3, I have :
avrdude: stk500_getsync ()

it is Dead or there is a plan B?
Here Before/after

For a next day: somebody know where I must cut the way on the board to disable LDO ?
Philippe.

Ow, crap.

You seem to have desoldered 2 pins, and just torn off the remaining 2 pads.
You'll have a hard time refitting an other regulator there.

While the soldering station is still hot (it was REAL hot, wasn't it ?), redo the pins you soldered to the pro mini clone.
Perhaps that will solve the problem (i don't know).

No, what he has done, is to visibly tear the middle pad which being the output of the regulator, is required to pass the 5V through from one part of the board to another!

Dear
The goal is not to replace but to remove LDO. I use a 3v3 8Mhz Mini Pro, and I have to the powered by primary LS33600 (Saft) 3.6v battery for maximum of autonomy. The objective is to supply by VCC and not by RAW, you see ?
But now there there a solution without putting in the trash mini pro (6) ...
Best regards !

mpg5_66:
But now there there a solution without putting in the trash mini pro (6) ...

If you can repair the track you broke at the middle pin of the regulator.

Figure out where it goes to in each direction and solder a jumper wire to those points.

Thanks a lot
But I'm a newbie, could show me where is the broken

at the middle pin of the regulator.

• or how can I found this ?
  • You said there is two directions ? so may be two broken way ?

Very best regards.

Dear,

There are mini pro, which I managed to remove the LDO, and all is ok, but even with a magnifying glass I see no difference? including with a magnifying glass?
Here a good one et another with problem "avrdude: stk500_getsync ()"

You see something ?
Best regards.

Hi.

In the blue rectangle, the metal of the large pad near the RX1 pin (actually there's a small piece left right at that pin) and that of the left pad next to lower the RST pin is completely gone.
You destroyed that, most probably because of your soldering skills.

My best advice to you would be to practice soldering a lot, all pads you have soldered are of bad quality.
Once you've got soldering under control, you can think of desoldering (which requires some extra experience).

Put the destroyed board on hold, until you've improved your soldering skills considerably.
Then you can look for the traces that were connected to those 2 pins, and try to reconnect them to each other.
You can get some help with that by downloading the schematics and studying them.
Resoldering these connections also requires a steady hand, because the traces are very small.