DFPlayer reset if speaker is connected ! help

I have good linear power supply with 5V vcc (5A output) for DFplayer. connected speaker is 3W 4ohm.

If I connect speaker directly then I hear a lot of noise and it just dont play any song.(no led turn on)

but if I put potentiometer between the speaker and DFplayer and keep the volume low then it plays the song but if I increase volume after some threshold it restart.

what's wrong how can I solve this problem? I tried with different power supply also tried adding 3300uf Capacitor but no change.

My guess would be that the 3W 4 Ohm speaker is drawing too much current. The module's specs only say 3W and give no impedance limit. DFRobot sells a 3W 8 Ohm speaker: Stereo Enclosed Speaker - 3W 8Ω-DFRobot

I tried to play DFPlayer directly without connecting to arduino, and it can go much higher level but.

playing from arduino (software serial) I can moniter the total current draw of the both arduino and dfplayer while playing is around max 60ma. any higher peaks than that in audio will restart the dflayer.

but playing it directly it can go up to approx 220ma and much higher sound. but still it restarts if there is any high peak (but it play much longer than attached with arduino).

why it do not go higher volume with arduino connected? is there anything that needs to be done for it to work?

bkrenderman:
why it do not go higher volume with arduino connected? is there anything that needs to be done for it to work?

Where is power coming from for the Arduino and DFPlayer? How is everything wired when the DFPlayer is connected to the Arduino? How is everything wired when the DFPlayer is NOT connected to the Arduino?