Duemilanova-physical engineering layout

Hi,

Is anyone here could suggest me where I could find the physical engineering layout for the duemilanova? I've been searching for it but I couldn't find any. I need to know the dimension of the three screw holes so that I could attachs it onto the surface.

Appreciated if someone could provide me the link/info on this.

thanks

The reference page for the Duemilanove:

includes the Eagle design files for the device. The board file contains a physical drawing of the board that will let you locate the holes and any other components.

The holes are at these x,y locations, referenced from the lower left corner of the board:

1. hole in lower right is at 2.6",.3"
  2. hole in upper right is at 2.6",1.4"
  3. hole in upper left is at .6",2"

The reference page for the Duemilanove:

http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardDuemilanove

includes the Eagle design files for the device

For an open-source project, one would think they would've at least included GEDA design files as well. I am not a hardcore GEDA user; I've only toyed around with gschem at most. Is there a particular reason why Eagle is preferred over GEDA by so many (can't be the cost)?

:slight_smile:

I've never even heard of GEDA :P.

Is it less popular than EAGLE?

I've never even heard of GEDA .

Is it less popular than EAGLE?

I don't think there is a Windows port, which may explain a lot. I have also read that integration between components (depending on the components) may or may not be as "smooth" as it is with Eagle. Like I said, though, I have limited experience with it.

From what I have seen, though, its capabilities to design large-scale, multi-layer boards is top-notch...

thanks ill-switch!! :slight_smile:

For an open-source project, one would think they would've at least included GEDA design files as well

To be honest, I find the fact that they supply Eagle files to be wonderful. It certainly beats a crusty jpg or pdf of a schematic, which seems to be the format that many open source hardware designs are released under.

Yes it is good that they release Eagle files, but what of you're one of the 5 people that don't use Eagle and who's design tools don't import them? :frowning: (Yes I know, get new tools).

I'd also like a more universal format such as PDF.