DW01 Undervoltage loop

The TP4056 module has a chip called Dw01 and now what happens is that when the voltage of the cell drops to 2.4 volts it shuts off the output and only releases it when it goes above 2.9. Now the problem is that when the load is connected it draws power from the cell and then this feature actually acts badly for me, like when the load is there the voltage goes down to 2.4 output gets deactivated and then due to the load being disconnected battery gains voltage then outputs get enable at 2.9v and as soon as the output gets enabled the load draws current again and then again voltage slowly goes back to 2.4 and this cycle of on and off goes on indefinitely until the battery is unable to regain the voltage.

Now i simply want that once the chip has shut down its output in the over-discharge mode it only opens up the output when a charger is there just like in the great Scott's video but i want to do the same with DW01

Great scott video : DIY LiPo Charge/Protect/5V Boost Circuit - YouTube

I took a quick look at the datasheet and it looks like all of the "brains" (logic control) are built-into the chip so I don't think you can change the way it works.

amansinghaljpr:
Now i simply want that once the chip has shut down its output in the over-discharge mode it only opens up the output when a charger is there just like in the great Scott's video but i want to do the same with DW01

Great scott video : DIY LiPo Charge/Protect/5V Boost Circuit - YouTube

If it were possible to do what you want with the very cheap DW01, why would someone have designed a much more complex circuit ?

It's not clear why the Great Scott circuit behaves as it does. He used the FS312F-G in place of the DW01. That chip shuts down at 2.9V, but starts up again at only 3.0V. So it seems it should oscillate worse than the DW01. There's no explanation for why the charger has to be connected to start it up again. Perhaps the battery voltage had not yet rebounded to 3V when he did the test, but would have if he had waited a while.

It's not obvious what circuit you would need to add to make it work as you want.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.