ESP-07 project based on ESP-07S - how to configure flash?

6 months ago I have written a sketch for a proprietary board using the ESP-07S (ESP8266 with external antenna connector and no built-in). For this I have selected the Flash Size = 4M(1M SPIFFS) and it works fine. I use EEPROM in the ESP to store configuration values and these are preserved across flash updates with new code.
I have also included the ESP8266HTTPUpdateServer library so we can update flash via the network.

Now I am working on a project using the ESP-07, with on-board ceramic antenna and a connector for an external antenna. I would like to start off from the existing code for ESP-07S, but I am unsure about how to set up the flash size. I think the ESP-07 has less internal flash than the ESP-07S.
There are so many different settings available in the configuration dialogue (I am using Sloeber IDE for Arduino) and I am now confused as to what I should choose....
I don't want to brick the device just because I set the flash wrong.
Any advice welcome.

Espressif tools can read the parameters of the flash

https://www.espressif.com/en/support/download/other-tools?keys=&field_type_tid[]=14
or

you can't brick it.

Thanks for your suggestion!
I downloaded v3.6.5.0 from the first link, the second seems to be very old, "latest release 2.5.1"!
But the readme.pdf only talks about programming and not how to read the device properties.
Could you please expand on how to check a device to read the properties without having a flash image to load?

But this is for future reference, I found out how to set it in this specific case now:
1M(64K SPIFFS)

Works OK now.

BosseB:
Thanks for your suggestion!
I downloaded v3.6.5.0 from the first link, the second seems to be very old, "latest release 2.5.1"!
But the readme.pdf only talks about programming and not how to read the device properties.
Could you please expand on how to check a device to read the properties without having a flash image to load?

But this is for future reference, I found out how to set it in this specific case now:
1M(64K SPIFFS)

Works OK now.

the first is for windows and has GUI. if you don't select any files for upload, it will only read parameters

the second is command line esptool