Esp32 + li-po battery + tp4056 + 2 servos

Hi,
I wanted to create a project/ whatever you may call for it..
I wanted to power the esp32 with li-po batteries such that I can run 2 servos on it and also while charging the li-po battery i can use the esp32..
I think I might need tp4056 and a boost converter? do I need a boost converter?

Please help for selection of hardware..
I have thought about this ( ignore the wires coming from left)

To answer your question effectively, the servos must be identified on the schematic. Please include their model and specifications, such as voltage and current.

sg90s
those are used once in 3-4h

And what is the voltage and current?

That is a very confusing statement. The esp32 is a 3.3V device and multiple 18650's are n x 3.7V where n is whatever you meany by batteries and would just be a waste of power.

You also have not given any idea how you will power the servos.

boost means increase the voltage, with one 18650 you need nothing or a buck but going from 3.7 to 3.3 isn't really an issue. Since you said batteries, then bucking from 7.4 or 11.1 or more does require a buck, but unless you are using the same battery pack for the servos not really required. It will require fewer parts and yield better battery management if you use one battery for the esp32 and whatever number you need for the servos.

imma power the servos through the esp32 (5v).. mb for not mentioning..
i am not going to use the 18650 which i had in the schematic.. it was js for showing a "battery"
I might use the 200mah 3.7v li-po..

and including all this can you tell me the no. of components i'll require?

Further Elaborating
I use an esp32 devkit v1 by doit..
I have to use a power bank or any other source of electricity to turn it on..
I wanted to completely remove the "power bank charging" problem by using a battery to charge the esp32 and put it in deep sleep and only activate at specific timings such as 6.30am-7am ( goes to sleep) 10pm-10.30pm like that...
I was confused which parts to pick for it.. I used the wokwi server 1st for guidance then came straight here for help as mentioned by a wokwi user..

That is not possible, the esp32 pins are only good for a few milli-amps.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding but you are talking about a not simple project while demonstrating that you are a beginner. Maybe you should work through the Arduino Cookbook first, then tackle the tricky subject of sleep. You have made no mention about how your esp32 will wake up so we know you need some time to study.

wait how?
I can power 2 servos with my esp32.. I have no problem doing that?

The biggest problem with using any MCU (esp32) to 'power' a servo is electrical noise. Depending on several factors you could also damage the esp32 so it is best to power them from a separate 5V supply. If you want to use LiPo then 2 in series and drop the voltage if needed with a buck converter.
Of course the control signal does connect to the esp32, but the VCC/G should be a seperate power supply.


So this is my updated schematic..
Can you show me one or fix this one? So I could understand better

Why is the breadboard there, it isn't doing anything useful.
Do you think the servos will work with only 3.7V?
What voltage is being applied to the esp32 VIN pin?
What is this for


and what is this for

and what is this for

Basically everything is wrong.
I suggest you get the book Arduino Cookbook and read all of it while performing all the circuits so you will be able to build this very simple circuit.

the 1st image if of a switch
the 2nd image is of tp4056
the 3rd is a boost converter
the vin pin gets 5v through the boost converter..

the breadboard is there for the powerlines so everything

can you please explain how everything is wrong.. I don't get how everything is wrong

mb for poor labelling


I hope you can see the labelling now

Breadboards are unreliable for more than a few milli-amps, just wire direct.
The TP4056 is doing nothing in your circuit.
You will have a problem with the servos inducing electrical noise in the esp32. You need to use a seperate power supply for the servos.

I and others have told you want you need to do. I am moving on.

the tp4056 is to charge the battery..
after adding the capacitor I did in the img below will the noise stop?
Also mb if I am annoying

@ava9eesh -
Unfortunately, the internet is full of bad drawings and dangerous lies. I did an image search on "esp32 servo" and the first 200 images had the ESP32 incorrectly supplying power to the servos.

"Power" comes from power supplies, "Control" comes from microcontrollers (ESP32, Arduino, for example). The 201st image showed a real photo of how a servo should be connected. At the top of the image is the power supply with two connections, +VCC (red) and -GND (black). The +/- of the power supply give power to the servo and the ESP32 through dedicated wires. The ESP32 controls the servo with one wire (orange). The ESP32 does NOT supply power to the servo.

The internet lies to you 200 times before it tells you the truth one time. This Arduino (ESP32) forum is where you go to get the truth. Even though you "read something else, somewhere", try your best to follow the assistance given to you on this forum. The people know their stuff.

Advice: drop the "mb, ima"... whatever that means.

Are you serious? Now the boost converter is doing nothing and the wiring to the TP4056 is a mess. You are just guessing and I have had enough. GOODBYE!

Here is a drawing of the power system you seek. Put your switch wherever you want.

tysm for the advice <3

yup yup it was a human error from my side that i connected everything to the tp4056