ESP32 SD card reader problem

Hello !
I want to connect an SD card reader like this one : Modul MicroSD pret 5,36 (sigmanortec.ro) to a ESP32 -WROOM-32 .
I tried to wire it up like this ESP32: Guide for MicroSD Card Module Arduino | Random Nerd Tutorials and it works . But i have a problem. I have already connected a Nokia display on the following pins : IO02 , IO00, IO04, IO18, IO23. How i can use this sd card reader on other pins to be able to use the nokia screen at the same time?

What interfaces (SPI/I2C/Other) do the 2 devices use ?

Both works on SPI .

Both devices will share the MISO, MOSI, and CLK pins. The CS pins will be different for each device.

SPI is a bus protocol which means that you can connect multiple devices to the same bus lines and use CS (chip select) on a different pin for each device to select which of them is being accessed

I read this but i found this reply from another topic :

about lcd graph library :

This library uses an SPI-like software protocol and does require exclusive access to the pins used. You will not be able to share pins with other SPI devices.

from there : NOKIA LCD 5110 and SD card - Using Arduino / LEDs and Multiplexing - Arduino Forum

Is there any way to connect to other pins an change it in the code ?

Are you keeping any other facts from us ?

It sounds like you should be looking for an alternative library

Good luck and have a nice day.

I tried other examples with pins 12 ,13,14, and 27 but doesn't work . I just want to be on separate pins from the LCD.

Have you tried a library that uses SPI properly ?

I tried SD library with this Arduino esp32 uses hspi and VSPI interfaces to mount SD cards (chowdera.com)

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.