exit status 1

Im having some trouble with some code that i found on the web Im trying to get a stepper motor to be controlled by a tb6560 driver board, from a 10k pot though an uno and the code wont compile i keep getting this.
can anyone help please

Arduino: 1.8.1 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

In file included from C:\Users\Asus\Documents\Arduino\sketch1.2\sketch1.2.ino:1:0:

C:\Users\Asus\Documents\Arduino\libraries\HCMotor-master/HCMotor.h:34:1: warning: "/*" within comment [-Wcomment]

/*****************************************************************************/

^

c:/program files/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/../../../../avr/lib/avr5/crtatmega328p.o:(.init9+0x0): undefined reference to `main'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Please post your code in code tags.

undefined reference to `main'

I used to get this occasionally and put it (and other problems) down to interference with the compilation process by McAfee antivirus on demand scanning. I do not remember having the problem since I changed my antivirus software.

For this error I recommend that people close all IDE windows and then restart the IDE. That should clear the build cache and I think it usually fixes the problem.

ok so it turns out that my IDE needed to be uninstalled and re-downloaded to get it to work thanks for the help guys,