Extracting files from SD card to PC with USB

Hello,

I saw similar posts about this issue, but with solutions which will not work for me. So I will ask again for my specific problem.

Is it possible to extract/move files to PC from the SD card connected to Arduino with USB? (preferably automated)

I am building a device which performs radiation measurements. While these are ungoing, it is impossible to connect the arduino device to a PC, as the radiation chamber is closed. The files will be logged to an SD card.
When the measurement is finished, the Arduino device will connect to a PC so that the files can be retrieved.

Because the device will be used by someone else than me, it is not preferable that the SD card is removed. I dont want the arduino to be exposed or touched. Best case scenario: when connected to PC the user can copy files from SD to PC. Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance,
Lucas

Your question :"Is it possible to extract/move files to PC from the SD card connected to Arduino with USB? (preferably automated)".
The answer is yes, if you supply the automation.
Paul

The dumpfile example included in the SD library is all you need. Automation is down to you, and sounds like a bad idea anyway. A signal from the PC terminal would be safer, simpler, and actually requires very little effort.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.