Facing problem while interfacing with QVGA DISPLAY 2.2 TFT SPI 240×320

Hello Sir,

I am working on QVGA 2.2 tft spi 240*320 display.I completed all basic steps and connections.My connection of display with arduino uno as describe bellow.

Port 11 = MOSI
Port 12 = MISO
Port 13 = SCK
Port 10 = CS
Port 8 = Reset
3.3V = LED
GND=GND
3.3=Vcc

I connect my LCD with arduino uno using above pin connection.If any modification or suggestion in this connection required then please let me inform.

I am also getting confused about library. Currently I'm using TFT library,GFX library and ili9341 library for interface LCD with my arduino board.Suggest me other library if it's equire to be included in my program. Send me link for that if possible.

I want to inform you that there is no error shown by compiler so i think that there must be something wrong in connection.I get nothing on display except full white screen.I want to know the reason behind it. Please help me to get out from this.

you can contact me here also
hiteshsolanki001@gmail.com
+919913019121

Thanks

These displays must have 3.3V logic. The Uno has 5V logic levels.
i.e. use resistors or level-converter chips.

David.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Can you tell me more about connection of level converter with arduino uno. And also tell me that which library should I've to use.

Can i implement it without level converter, if yes then how?

Please tell me about interfacing of my display with arduino uno. Please provide me proper pin connection for the same.

Hii,

I have also tried the QVGA 2.2 tft spi 240*320 display interfaced with ArduinoUno.
Instead of logic level convertor chip, I had used voltage divider circuit using 1Kohm and 2 Kohm resistor to reduce the voltage nearly 3.3V.
GitHub - adafruit/Adafruit_ILI9340: This is a library for the Adafruit 2.2" SPI display. and GitHub - adafruit/Adafruit_ILI9341: Library for Adafruit ILI9341 displays are included and run the graphics test example but didnt found any result on tft and shows white screen only.
Is it the issue of display driver or anything else?

Please suggest to complete the assignment.

15801287_1235761693183674_897005879_n.jpg

15801469_1235761649850345_60062207_n.jpg

Ah-ha. You have the display with "yellow header" and unmounted Flash chip. (unmounted 5-pin SD/Flash header)

I possess one of those. I get a White Screen too. I am sure that I had it working at some stage.

I can read the registers. Everything seems normal for a genuine ILI9341V controller chip. i.e. identical results to the more common display with "black header" and unmounted 4-pin SD header.
Yes, I use 3.3V logic.

David.

Could it be SPI speed? The actual SPIClass uses HW SPI and may use higher speed than SW SPI. Just a guess.

I have no idea what is "wrong" with my yellow-header ILI9341. If the Reset values of all the registers are identical to the black-header displays, I would expect identical behaviour from identical software.

The yellow-header display has been on the Ebay market for some time.
I would guess that it has many happy owners. Even some who have mounted a Flash chip.

David.

David

I don't know about display with black header. I have display with yellow header. Can you please tell me that why i am not able to get any output on my display.I tried a lot with using different libraries though i am not able to run even basic program of LCD i.e. can't see anything on display.Is there any problem regarding connection or anything else?

Port 11 = MOSI
Port 12 = MISO
Port 13 = SCK
Port 10 = CS
Port 8 = Reset
Port 9=DC
3.3V = LED
GND=GND
3.3=Vcc

When I don't understand what's happening, I start using measuring equipment, e.g. a scope.
I once had a resistor marked 2.2k, but it actually was 8.2k, and my OVR7670 camera got no clock.

About 1 year ago, i had a yellow header 9341 connected to a Nano board with resistor divider's.

It did not work, until i hardwired RST to the Nano 3.3v pin....

Both Black header and Yellow Header boards require the RESET pin to be under program control. (or pulled high)

As far as I can see, the Yellow header design is identical to the Black header version. Except for the Flash chip footprint and extra F_CS pin.

Yes, I always use full constructors with TFT_RST pin.

David.

I have identical yellow header 2.2 displays.

The key with these displays when using a 5V Arduino board is to use level converters as described in step 2 here.

Try an Adafruit_ILI9341 library example such as graphicstest and make sure you configure the pins in the sketch correctly and add the RESET line too (not in the sketch example as provided), with your setup you would use:

#define TFT_DC 9
#define TFT_CS 10
#define TFT_RESET 8

// Use hardware SPI (on Uno, #13, #12, #11) and the above for CS/DC
Adafruit_ILI9341 tft = Adafruit_ILI9341(TFT_CS, TFT_DC, TFT_RESET);

Note that the pin has been added to the constructor as shown in bold.

Hmm the reset pin need to define and attach.
The example code of graphic test is working fine.
But as I remove the usb port after loading the code in arduino, the display become blank and as again connect the usb to laptop its working fine.
I didnt get why this happen.
Any comment plz.

@ecaits

What are you using as the power source for the Arduino board+display when you disconnect the USB?

@Bodmer,

My yellow header display has always used 3.3V GPIO. Both with Arduino and with ARM controllers.
And yes, I always control RESET pin.

Apart from the Flash chip footprint, the only difference between the Black and Yellow header modules is that the LED pin controls the backlight via transistor Q1 and 1k0 resistor R4.

I get identical results from my readreg diagnosis sketch. Likewise, I can read registers and ID via Library methods. I have NEVER stressed the controller with 5V logic.

Any ideas?

David.

@david_prentice

If you write a new value to a register and read it back is the new value correct?

If so then it seems like you have a duff display with a manufacture defect.