Fail to load ZIP archive sketchbook

So I figured WTH web base would make a handy backup location for my sketches.

Is there a specific folder structure ?

Asking because I have separate folders inside my sketchbook folder for 0-9, A, B, etc. eg.

D:\SKETCHES\0-9 Sketches A Sketches B Sketches . .

It keeps it a lot neater and safer.

Zipped the whole sketchbook which I have located on another drive in a folder called "SKETCHES"

Tried to use the import option which works right up until I hit the "Open" button (Win & X64) at which point the file selection box closes and I am back on the IDE.

O.T. Note the web ide works well with VPN and PROXY connections from this end.

Did you receive an error? Or simply nothing happened?

No error messages just nothing happened.

Its not a size issue either I don't think as one batch was only 15k

Is it expecting a specific name for the archive ?

No specific name, but if you call it Arduino.zip or Sketchbook.zip it will add it in the root directly.

Can you post any screenshot of what happens?

LOL a screenshot of nothing happening is gonna be pretty mundane and not tell you anything.

Will try the file names you suggest though and report back

Just confirming that the file names make no difference and that it is a ZIP not ARJ

Took screenshots of the 4 stages (if there is supposed to be more than 4 then that's where it fails.

Shots here

As you can see shot 4 is just back on the regular screen as nothing had happened once I hit "OPEN" Doesn't matter if I select "custom files" or "all files", same thing...no upload.

Q. does it matter which program I use to ZIP the files ? Always used Winrar but am selecting output as a ZIP.

Could you please show us your browser console? (Right click + inspect). Maybe you have some js error that can tell us more. Thanks

Hi, can you check if there are errors in the browser console? You can activate it by following these instructions: https://developer.chrome.com/devtools/docs/console

Thank you

I have just tried with Win10 and it works fine, going to try to reproduce with Win7, is that the OS you are using?

Yes )) it is Windows 7 x64

Included the items in red from the console window below.

If you would like a full expanded copy let me know.

[serial monitor] - try close
2vendor.66f628f4.js:10 Automatically scrolling cursor into view after selection change this will be disabled in the next version set editor.$blockScrolling = Infinity to disable this message
2https://api-builder.arduino.cc/builder/boards/0x1A86/0x7523 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
2angular.e268bb07.js:1 [serial monitor] - try close
vendor.66f628f4.js:5 TypeError: Cannot read property 'indexOf' of undefined
    at Object.f.beautifyMimetype (angular.e268bb07.js:3)
    at Object.f.isTypeBinary (angular.e268bb07.js:3)
    at angular.e268bb07.js:1
    at n.$eval (vendor.66f628f4.js:5)
    at n.$apply (vendor.66f628f4.js:5)
    at HTMLInputElement.<anonymous> (angular.e268bb07.js:1)
    at HTMLInputElement.dispatch (vendor.66f628f4.js:2)
    at HTMLInputElement.q.handle (vendor.66f628f4.js:2)(anonymous function) @ vendor.66f628f4.js:5
2angular.e268bb07.js:1 [serial monitor] - try close
vendor.66f628f4.js:5 TypeError: Cannot read property 'indexOf' of undefined
    at Object.f.beautifyMimetype (angular.e268bb07.js:3)
    at Object.f.isTypeBinary (angular.e268bb07.js:3)
    at angular.e268bb07.js:1
    at n.$eval (vendor.66f628f4.js:5)
    at n.$apply (vendor.66f628f4.js:5)
    at HTMLInputElement.<anonymous> (angular.e268bb07.js:1)
    at HTMLInputElement.dispatch (vendor.66f628f4.js:2)
    at HTMLInputElement.q.handle (vendor.66f628f4.js:2)(anonymous function) @ vendor.66f628f4.js:5(anonymous function) @ vendor.66f628f4.js:5$apply @ vendor.66f628f4.js:5(anonymous function) @ angular.e268bb07.js:1dispatch @ vendor.66f628f4.js:2q.handle @ vendor.66f628f4.js:2

Can you share your zip with us?

I'm running through a similar problem... :o |500x232

@ Smellai

Have tried a few different variations and they all do the same.

Tried under and over 15k in size again no go. Even tried single sketches in zip format. Tried Explorer 10 and chrome.

Am sure its something real simple and I may have to smack myself around the head when it gets sorted.

Is there a specific port I may need open for this action ?

Just tried again with single and multiple sketches in a zip file and still no go.

Here is one zip that fails to go up Its a single sketch.

And here is a small batch

@ThinkerPlug, your issue seems related to the directory/files structure, can you describe it?

@Ballscrewbob, we don't support Internet Explorer yet, anyway I tried to import your zips and it worked in Chrome and Firefox, could you please try in an incognito instance of your browser?

@ Smellai

Same thing in incognito. Also tried with every extension turned off too in a regular window. Turned off antivirus too.

Went into windows firewall and noticed two occasions of create bridge. One was not set to allowed Turned it on and set to allow for both home/work and public. Should there be two instances ?

All the above is no-go.

ALSO Did a chrome reset and no different.

Here it is my folder:

|500x285

I'm on linux mint

Hi @TinkerPlug, yep indeed your folder looks correct. Have you tried with just one .ino or a ZIP containing just one sketch folder?

Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this so any further details will really help!

Finally I could upload all my sketches, I don’t know why but I compressed all the folders from INSIDE my sketckbook’ folder, upload the .zip to the web editor and… it worked!!!

@ Tinkerplug.

What did you use to zip your sketches if you don't mind me asking.

@ Ballscrewbob

I used the native compressor of linux mint, have you tried 7-Zip? -> http://www.7-zip.org/