Help me.... I can't seem to get my project verified here...

https://create.arduino.cc/editor/Taumeows/f3823e25-26a1-41ac-a66e-52ddb008b87e/preview

Please help me. I'm trying to make an air pollution detector...

I get:

We are encountering a server issue, compilation is temporarily not available.

Is that the same problem you're having?

OK, I think I found the problem. It's this file FK3HVOTI9Q9F37I (1).ino. I downloaded the sketch, removed the " (1)" part of the filename, imported the sketch back to Arduino Web Editor and it compiles normally (still fails but that's the correct behavior since your code is bad).

Please provide details of how you managed to import this sketch to Arduino Web Editor. If I try to import a sketch with a filename like that it just ignores that invalid file. I'm sure that's something the developers would like to look into.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile:

Hi,
What is your code not doing?
What do you want it to do?

Tom… :slight_smile:

pert:
OK, I think I found the problem. It’s this file FK3HVOTI9Q9F37I (1).ino. I downloaded the sketch, removed the " (1)" part of the filename, imported the sketch back to Arduino Web Editor and it compiles normally (still fails but that’s the correct behavior since your code is bad).

Please provide details of how you managed to import this sketch to Arduino Web Editor. If I try to import a sketch with a filename like that it just ignores that invalid file. I’m sure that’s something the developers would like to look into.

I took it from my downloaded documents.

Let’s start again.
Copy your -properly formatted- code from wherever you keep it.
Start or add to this existing thread
Use the </> code tags to format a new code block
Paste your previously copied code.
Then we review and make suggestions.

I’m not downloading any special apps from the internet to see/help you.

Hmm the sketch is no longer there on CREATE.

@lastchancename

This is the ONLINE editor section so a link directly to the sketch on CREATE is perfectly valid.
CREATE is the ARDUINO ONLINE IDE fully run and sanctioned by Arduino.

ballscrewbob:
Hmm the sketch is no longer there on CREATE.

I actually get the same message when I try to view the share link for my copy of the sketch:

It looks like this sketch is not available anymore at this URL.

So I think it's some glitch caused by the weird FK3HVOTI9Q9F37I (1).ino file rather than Taumeows having deleted the file.

ballscrewbob:
This is the ONLINE editor section so a link directly to the sketch on CREATE is perfectly valid.

It wasn't originally posted to the Create > Editor section of the forum. It was moved here from the Programming Questions section.

I think it's reasonable for someone to say "I'm willing to give you free help with these conditions". In this case it's easier to do the Arduino Web Editor thing because there are a ton of different files in the sketch.

lastchancename:
I'm not downloading any special apps from the internet to see/help you.

You shouldn't need to do anything special to view sketches shared from the Arduino Web Editor. You don't need to download anything to compile sketches in the Arduino Web Editor. I think you might also need to do some sort of signup thing that links you into hackster.io but maybe that's only for the Project Hub, not for the Arduino Web Editor, I signed up for my Arduino Create account before the Web Editor was released. You do need to install a plugin to upload sketches from the Arduino Web Editor.

Thanks.

You don't need to download anything to compile sketches in the Arduino Web Editor. I think you might also need to do some sort of signup thing that links you into hackster.io but maybe that's only for the Project Hub

That’s what happened to me, and I have enough unwanted stuff already!
and yes, my apologies bob. I followed the link from ‘Programming Questions’without thinking of the context.

Good luck getting your project up. I’ve learned my lesson!

lastchancename:
That’s what happened to me

Which one? Needing to download something or needing to sign up?

Both

Ewww. That's no fun to have to go through that just to try to help someone out with their project.

My apologies too I hadn't noticed it came in from elsewhere.
Thanks for putting us all right Pert

The SSO allows you into the view sketch section AFAIK so there should not need to be any need to download and the sketch can be viewed within the Arduino web site.

A link to test with

Bonus with these links is that you can download to your computer or open the sketch in CREATE etc...either or...
And the sketch has the IDE colouring which makes it easier to read along with line numbers too.

Thanks - that was interesting.
I hadn't seen CREATE before this.

OP's link still doesn't go anywhere useful.
OP's LINK

@lastchancename

Where does my link take you though as we know the OP link is pooched.

Well after a bit battle with the Web Editor I managed to import a copy of the sketch that seems to be shareable:
https://create.arduino.cc/editor/pert/693f3546-406e-45b2-bafa-7797a8a165af/preview
It still generates the “We are encountering a server issue, compilation is temporarily not available.” error when I try to compile it, even after I rename the file.

I’ve also attached the original sketch. Note this is just how it was downloaded.

sketch_mar22b.zip (56.5 KB)

What I discovered is that if you try to import a zip file that contains multiple .ino files in a folder under the root of the zip file, only one of the .ino files is imported. What's especially confusing is that if the .zip file contains files of other extensions (.adoc, .h, .cpp) those are added as tabs in the imported sketch just as you'd expect. It's only the .ino files that have the screwy handling. If you put the sketch in a subfolder of the zip file then the multiple .ino files are imported to the same sketch as you intended.

What's strange is that if I download a sketch from the Arduino Web Editor with multiple .ino files, I can import it and it works fine. I can't actually view the contents of the downloaded .zip file in Windows, which I've never encountered with any other .zip file, but when I unzip it it appears to have the same folder structure as the .zip files I created via Windows's native Right Click > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder, which don't import correctly.

This was the cause of me thinking the Arduino Web Editor was ignoring the file with the weird name when I tried to import it. Actually that had nothing to do with the weird name, it happens with an extra .ino file of any name.

I have your version Pert and it also looks to contain a PYTHON file too.

I had no idea that CREATE could even handle them.

It looks like the OP was trying to fully incorporate the libs as part of the sketch along with whatever else.

Will ask the team tomorrow if they can get a chance to look at this one.

Also see yours has the double folder nest too.
Was that your doing or from the OP’s ?
Create might balk a little at the double nest if importing.

Hi everybody,
there's a bug here because the web editor lets you import a file with spaces in the name but after it doesn't work, we are going to fix this.
Python files are not supported. @pert how did you get the full code?
Thanks