Fake TFT LCD 1.8" how to connect

in the picture I have is a TFT LCD 1.8".
the pins are different from the original adafruit.
Like what is RS?
The 3rd NC looks connected to the chip?

So how should i connect this board?

I played around with it, but still unable to make it work. It is just a white screen.

THANK YOU!

Why do you call it fake?

It is an 176x220 screen with an ILI9225 controller that uses a SPI interface.

The pin-out is designed to fit on the Power and Analog headers of a Uno. CS on A4 and VCC on 5V. RS just means Register-Select. Some people call it DC for Data-Command. Occasionally you will see it called A0.

There are libraries out there for driving your display when plugged into the Arduino A0-A4 pins. They bit-bang SPI. The U2 buffer chip does the level-shifting from your 5V Uno/Mega. Unfortunately the board does not provide a MISO line. So you can not read the display.

Of course you could ignore the convenient pluggability and hand-wire everything with jumper cables. e.g. to use the 3x2 hardware SPI header.

David.

These boards have various controllers fitted. If you have a 1.8" display it is likely to be 160x128 pixels with a ST7735 controller (I have one of those with an identical PCB as in the posted image).

The 2.2" variant tends to be a 200x176 with a ILI9225.

My apologies. Bodmer has got better eyesight. Yes, it looks like a 160x128 and not 220x176.

There are many libraries for the ST7735. Bodmer has TFT_ST7735. Adafruit has Adafruit_ST7735. Your IDE even came with one called TFT.

David.

@john917

The board should work with the built in IDE TFT library if you wire the display up as follows (this assumes you are using an UNO):

VCC => UNO 5V GNC => UNO GND (aka 0V)

CLK => UNO pin 13 SDA => UNO pin 11 RS (also known as DC) => UNO pin 9 RST => UNO pin 8 CS => UNO pin 10

NC means "No connect" so those pins do not need to be wired up as they do nothing! It might look like one PCB track goes to an NC pin but the track path takes it to another adjacent pin.

The good news is that you do not need a logic level converter for that display, so it was a good choice.

These connections should work with any TFT Arduino example, such as Examples > TFT > Arduino > TFTDisplayText

If the examples do not work or there are some display problems the post back.

If the examples do work then post back anyway so that other forum readers know too.

Good luck with your project.

Thank you both! I manage to get it to work!

can you give me the code i was trying evry code its still didn't work

Fahrud1nafif:
can you give me the code
i was trying evry code its still didn’t work

Seriously? john917 posted two years ago and never since. Additionally you are asking for something, offering nothing. After reading the how to use this forum post at the top, please start a new thread, show us what you have and what you are trying to do and you will get some help.