Feasibility of Project

I'm very new to Arduino and the code required to make components work, so I'm not sure if this project is possible. I'd like to design a device that does several things. It must light an LED and make and produce a sound through a speaker:

• When the ambient temperature is above a certain temperature (say 90 degrees Fahrenheit)
  • When the ambient temperature is below a certain temperature (say 20 degrees Fahrenheit)
  • When the speed of a moving vehicle is 0 mph.

I have a Memsic 2125 Dual-Axis Accelerometer and several Gikfun 28mm 8 Ohm 1 Watt speakers. If it is feasible, I'm not sure where to look for coding or proper wiring for the speaker. Any help is appreciated, so thank you!

You cannot reasonably measure speed of a vehicle by this. But it should be doable with proper tools and skill. Measuring temperature and producing a sound if needed is easy.

I figured that might not be enough to measure the speed of a vehicle but I’m glad to know the speaker is possible. What equipment should I look into to find the speed or acceleration of a vehicle?
Thank you!

The temperature and speaker parts are easy. For a simple noise you can use a piezo buzzer, for more complex sounds up to hifi quality music look into WAV players. For temperature there are many sensors available - the cheap and robust NTC, the analog LM35 and LM36, and the trusty DS18B20 digital sensor.

For speed, see if you can tap into the speedometer of the car. Do a search on this forum as well as there are many threads tackling the same problem.

Another (unreliable) option is GPS. If no change in location for some time (well, you'll find your location is always moving a bit so you have to set a threshold for that) you're not moving. That goes wrong when you lose signal, such as in tunnels.

JJInteract:
I have a Memsic 2125 Dual-Axis Accelerometer and several Gikfun 28mm 8 Ohm 1 Watt speakers. If it is feasible, I'm not sure where to look for coding or proper wiring for the speaker. Any help is appreciated, so thank you!

As has been said, you cannot use the Accelerometer to calculate the actual speed of a vehicle, but it might be interesting to try reading the accelerometer to simply detect movement.

To drive those speakers you will need some sort of amplifier, like Mono Audio Amp.
Then you could play tones from your Arduino, this is another example using a piezo buzzer to play a tune

Yours,
TonyWilk

TonyWilk:
As has been said, you cannot use the Accelerometer to calculate the actual speed of a vehicle, but it might be interesting to try reading the accelerometer to simply detect movement.

Would this be able to detect if the car is moving or not? Because I can work with that. I believe I can make that work into my criteria. Thank you for the links!

If you can filter out the noise well enough… mostly movements of the motor and of the occupants of the car.

A car with people in it and engine running vibrates. A car moving along a road vibrates a bit more.