FPC1020 Arduino example on UNO

I am want to try the FPC1020 as fingerprint module. I have all ready test the optical ones, but I can't find the libraries and Sketch Code for operate it on the UNO. I found here http://www.shenzhen2u.com/Capacitive-Fingerprint-Sensor-FPC1020.html a Sketch Code but the zip file for the libraries is missing (FPC1020.zip). Where can I found all the relevant code to operate this sensor? Regards Bar.

You can find the zip file here, And the instructions that you mentioned is available here.

I attached the file just in case that something happens to the link again! It took a lot of my time to find it, i hope this post helps anyone looking for this rare library :slight_smile:

Good luck :wink:

FPC1020.zip (37.6 KB)

I have used the adafruit fingerprint library and it worked very well

That was untill i powered down when switching back on the fpc1020 was completely non responsive as if i was using the wrong address so i wrote a small loop to try all possible addresses and try to verify password according to the datasheet it should respond with a 0x13 to say the password was incorrect

After that didn't work i made a loop to test the baudrate as well as password and the address this ran for weeks with no response

Tested the hardware all components check out as well as my Arduino uno

I have placed a logic level converter to test and also tried it on parallax's propelle

I have used the adafruit fingerprint library and it worked very well

That was untill i powered down when switching back on the fpc1020 was completely non responsive as if i was using the wrong address so i wrote a small loop to try all possible addresses and try to verify password according to the datasheet it should respond with a 0x13 to say the password was incorrect

After that didn't work i made a loop to test the baudrate as well as password and the address this ran for weeks with no response

Tested the hardware all components check out as well as my Arduino uno

I have placed a logic level converter to test and also tried it on parallax's propeller which is a 3.3v mcu to make sure and still no response

Please if anyone can assist

Does anyone know where I can get the connector for this fpc1020 module? The one in the link s_epehr provided here. I have ordered 6 different cables now and not one of them fits in that connecter? For some reason my came without a cable :(

it seems to be 1.25mm space (maybe 1.27mm?). I ordered a few different kinds of grove connectors but they are all 2.54mm or have the wrong connector so it doesn't fit.

ANY help at all is greatly appreciated, I have spent WAY to much time trying to track this down.

tia

Hi.. do you have any working sketch? I am trying to compile INO from your ZIP but everytime I am ending with error:

FPC1020.cpp:6:0: FPC1020.h:45:28: error: expected ')' before '*' token FPC1020(SoftwareSerial *ser); ^

skibbidy: Does anyone know where I can get the connector for this fpc1020 module? The one in the link s_epehr provided here. I have ordered 6 different cables now and not one of them fits in that connecter? For some reason my came without a cable :(

it seems to be 1.25mm space (maybe 1.27mm?). I ordered a few different kinds of grove connectors but they are all 2.54mm or have the wrong connector so it doesn't fit.

ANY help at all is greatly appreciated, I have spent WAY to much time trying to track this down.

tia

Search Molex Picoblade 53261. This is a compatible connetor, it's the Malaysian store tho, but I'm sure you can find it in your region. https://my.rs-online.com/web/p/wire-to-board-cable-assemblies/1250741/

On another note,

I'm working on a library for the module and I should have it up on Github soon. After all, its a good time to stay inside.

I could use some help with something else. On day 1, I applied 5v to the module Vcc, and the board got quite toasty. I'm running it on 3v3 now and it's fine. However, I cannot seem to get IRQ to work. It could be that my 5v ruined something on my board and I don't have another to verify.

As far as I understand from the Chinese documentation, it basically behaves like a capacitive button, like a TTP223 (it is a TTP223). However, probing the Vdd pin on the chip shows it's effectively at ground potential. I have traced it to an NPN transistor (Y1) closest to the connector GND pin, and that transistor is being driven by the identical one next to it, which is driven by the uC. The output of the uC is always high and I can't figure out how to turn it off. It is keeping the Vdd low by turning on both transistors and bringing Vdd to ground potential.

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that it's wired wrongly on the PCB and that Vdd should have been on the Emitter side. Shorting out the first stage transistor (connected to uC), effectively turning of the second transistor, gives 3v3 at the Vdd but still no luck with the IRQ output.

Secondly, I traced the input detection pin to the IC and found that it is connected to the metal part of the sensor, with a capacitor in between. The application note given in the datasheet for the TP223 does not include this cap and could be a source of why it's not working as well.

I can only speculate as I don't have other modules to test on and I might have toasted mine with 5v. In the meantime, I'm working on the library as all of the documentation is in Mandarine.

frogale:
FPC1020.cpp:6:0:
FPC1020.h:45:28: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
FPC1020(SoftwareSerial *ser);

add

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

to the FPC1020.h file

This does make the Lib work… but the RX and TX connection still dont give me any signal on my ESP8266

relations99:
I’m working on a library for the module and I should have it up on Github soon. After all, its a good time to stay inside.

Did you make any progress here? Can I help out - I’m a dev myself, not very pro at c++ but I learn fast :slight_smile: