Get TFT display to work;

I recently purchased an Arduino TFT display to work with my Arduino Uno. Unfortunately, I have not the display to work. I did get the backlight to work. However, no matter what the example sketch is (from the Arduino IDE) uploaded without my modification, I only get horizontal bars (see Graphic). This is with or without a micro-SD card in place The one sketch that I would really like to get working is “TFTdisplaytext”. In this sketch, TFT and SPI libraries are included. I have carefully checked all wires and connections and buzzed out all contacts. They all seem to be correct. The Arduino Uno itself works using simple LED sketches and the serial port works.

Thanks for your help.

Are you using IDE V1.6.x ? If not, try that, it seems to help.

Regards,

Graham

Thanks Graham- I looked in my downloads folder and found the IDE was labeled as 1.0.6. I downloaded 1.6.1. On the TFT, I got a blank backlit screen. (Before I got stripes). However there was a message at the bottom of the sketch window:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libedit.3.dylib Referenced from: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude_bin Reason: image not found

I'm assuming there is a library called dylib and it possibly needs to be added to the definition section of the sketch TFTDisplayText? Bob

Just noticed an almost identical problem listed on the installation forum: also with Mac 6.8 and the same error. Will look into this.

same problem solved. http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=307733.0