Getting Input from Xbox 360 controller to Display in Arduino Monitor

I am new to Arduino. I want to know how to get input from my Xbox 360 wireless controller to display on my Arduino IDE Monitor. I have already managed to get my xbox 360 controller to connect to my MacbookPro, using the appropriate Gaming Receiver.
My project is to be able to use the input from the Xbox 360 wireless controller to send commands to my radio remote controlled (rc) car, which I intend to hack by either mimicking the remote control’s signals (at 27Mhz of frequency) or by making my own circuit to drive the motors of the car. Either approach would make use of the Xbox 360 controller.
Please help!
P.S. I also have a Wii remote control which I can use if you find easier to use and can suggest a method.

I know that I have to use C++ code to get the input from the Xbox controller. Nonetheless how do I get the C++ program to 'talk' the Arduino program?
Please ask me any question about this if it is not clear.

Fabiao

The simplest solution I can see would be to connect the Arduino to the PC via USB and write an application that runs on the PC to read from your gaming receiver and write to the USB port; a sketch on the Arduino would read the input commands and transmit them to the PC. I don't know of any easy way for the Arduino to generate a 27MHz modulated signal, but there are several very well known methods to establish a wireless link between two Arduinos, so putting an Arduino in the car and having that control the steering servo and speed control seems straight forward. The big unknown for me is how you would access that gaming adapter.

"The big unknown for me is how you would access that gaming adapter. "

Thank you for the reply.
That is exactly my problem. Getting the Arduino to emit a 27 MHz signal can be done by hacking the remote control and feeding the transmitted signal from the antenna to an Arduino pin, for instance digital pin 3. I would then use serial.Read() to read the signal on pin 3 and serial.Write(serial.Read()) to print the signal information to my serial monitor. I then attribute the commands, for 'forward', 'left', 'right' and 'reverse', to button presses on my Xbox 360 controller.

Some help is needed here, please.

Fabiao

I may have missed a step here, but why are you using a serial character-based protocol on the 27MHz link?

Fabiao:
Getting the Arduino to emit a 27 MHz signal can be done by hacking the remote control and feeding the transmitted signal from the antenna to an Arduino pin, for instance digital pin 3. I would then use serial.Read() to read the signal on pin 3 and serial.Write(serial.Read()) to print the signal information to my serial monitor. I then attribute the commands, for 'forward', 'left', 'right' and 'reverse', to button presses on my Xbox 360 controller.

I guess you mean connect the servo outputs from the RC receiver to an Arduino in your vehicle. I don't think that is going to help you in any way.

The problem you need to solve is getting your commands from the game controller into the PC. That is going to need some method of interfacing with your game controller and I have no idea how you would do that.

Once you've done it, the rest is straight forward. You would send the commands over the USB serial port to an Arduino plugged in to the PC; that would transmit it over a radio link to an Arduino on the vehicle; the remote Arduino would directly control the speed motors and servos on the vehicle. There are various types of radio link you could use but they will all require additional radio transmitter/receivers to be bought and connected to the Arduinos; the original 27MHz radio link would not be involved at all and you would throw away the 27MHz RC transmitter and receiver.