Giving power to a relay

I'm in the middle of my first project that uses a relay board, and I'm kind of at a dead end. I used an extension cord plugged into the wall to supply the eledtricity, but the extension cord itself doesn't seem powered. I know the relay board has negative power supplied to it because it lights up, but the wire from the extension cord still isn't supplying anything. What can I do to make it work? Should I be using an extension cord in the first place anyway? If not, what should I use? Thanks in advance

Hello Enderfries ,
Welcome.

Your description is far too vague to provide a proper answer. Please can you read:
General guidance and
How to use this forum

It would be particularly helpful to see a schematic of what you have tried, hand drawn and photographed is fine, see How to post an image and to see what parts you are using, in particular the relay board, maybe a link to the supplier’s description so we know what you have.

I know the relay board has negative power supplied

What is ‘negative power’?

Hi, sorry, I made this thread very late last night, even I don't know what i was talking about :P.

Now that I think about it, this probably isn't even a question for this thread, or for arduino forums at all, I don't know what I was thinking. Long story short, a wall plug I'm trying to plug into my relay board isn't giving off any electricity at all, and I don't know why. Sorry to bother, thanks for trying to help!

I don't know what i was talking about :P.

You're not the only one! :confused:

Long story short, a wall plug I'm trying to plug into my relay board isn't giving off any electricity at all.

Maybe it's faulty!
Do you have a multimeter? Even a basic one for £20 or whatever is invaluable, or spend £100 and get a really good one. You can't really do electronics without one and having one would tell you the answer.