GY-87 clone (HW-290) Accuracy Issue on BMP180

Hi,

I'm getting some accuracy issues with the BMP180. I wired it up and the accuracy was out about 70 meters from my real elevation. Yes, I correctly used the currency mean sea level pressure.

I then wired it up to a second HW-290 and the accuracy was better (about 20 meters) but still not as good as I expected. Any suggestions? Has anyone else had this?

Thanks

I'm getting some accuracy issues with the BMP180. I wired it up and the accuracy was out about 70 meters from my real elevation. Yes, I correctly used the currency mean sea level pressure.

Where did you get the current mean sea level pressure value from? How old was that information? You do know that air pressure might change substantially over a day?

I then wired it up to a second HW-290 and the accuracy was better (about 20 meters) but still not as good as I expected.

Using the same sea level pressure value? Have you tried to calibrate the value at your current elevation, the go to a nearby hill of known height and check if the elevation change is correct. Because that's the only accuracy the sensor is able to deliver.