Help needed with grbl to Ardunio Uno

I cannot get Ardunio to load the grbl sub folder into libraries.

I have tried this:

Please follow these instructions to install the GRBL library:

  • Download the library from this link: https://github.com/gnea/grbl/archive/master.zip
  • Unzip the file grbl-master.zip that you downloaded.
  • (In the Arduino IDE) Sketch > Include Library > Add .ZIP Library...
  • Select the grbl subfolder of the grbl-master folder you unzipped.

When I go to Add .ZIP Library and try to add the grbl sub folder it will not select it. It is like it doesn't see it. If I click on grbl sub folder it just opens the folder.

I have uninstalled Ardunio IDE and reinstalled and get the same thing as above.

I also tried copying the grbl sub folder into the Ardunio libraries folder and this does not work either as it puts the grbl sub folder into Sketchbook and not Examples. I see it in Sketches and when I try to upload it gives me a compiling error. I do not understand what is going on.

These instructions worked for me:

Download:

as a .zip file using the green "Code v" button and selecting "Download ZIP"

Unpack the "grbl-master.zip" file.

Copy the 'grbl' folder (from the expanded grbl-master folder) into the 'libraries' folder of your sketchbook folder.

Select Tools -> Manage Libraries... to re-scan the libraries folder.

Close the Library Manager dialog.

Select File -> Examples -> grbl -> grblUpload.

Upload that 'example' to your Arduino and that should install grbl.

Thanks John

That is what I have done and it doesn't show up anywhere. What is strange is other Library's are in that same "Library's" folder and they show up in Examples folder. Something weird going on with that grbl folder. No part of the IDE recognizes it.

Did you run the Library Manager and wait for it to scan the installed libraries?

Does the "grbl" folder in your "libraries" folder contain the file grbl.h (along with many others) and the folder "examples"?

I have same problem. Was/how was it resolved?