Help needed with Molex Crimping.

I have been using Dupont connector up until now, and am wanting to use something a little more secure for some projects.

So, I looked into Molex, and was quickly baffled by the huge range of products, so finding it a little hard to find the wood for the trees!

I'm just after a system that will let me have 4/3/2 pin connections for things like sensors and stepper motors (~28-18AWG) and alow me to use my current Engineer PA-09 crimp tool that I love

(here is what it will crimp in the Molex Crimp Series… picoblade micro-latch microblade mini-lock mini-spox kk mini-latch micro-fit spox mini-fit 1190 1189 1381 c-grid / sl milli-grid pico-spox).

Could someone possibly hold my hand and guide me though the world of Molex?

The [u]real Molex crimp tools[/u] are expensive. (That's just the 1st example I found I don't know if it works with the pins you have.)

We have the real thing where I work, and the right crimper works great. But, I haven't had much luck with other "universal" crimpers so at home I usually end-up soldering to the terminals.

Yes, very hard to see the wood for the trees in the Molex connectors. I use the KK series, and you say your crimper will work, so maybe this will help:
Molex KK series

Paulcet:
Yes, very hard to see the wood for the trees in the Molex connectors. I use the KK series, and you say your crimper will work, so maybe this will help:
Molex KK series

Standard dupont is good for 5A .

You should be able to find locking housings for these crimps.

Try Jim at toby electronics. and describe your problem.

A search on dupont locking shell brings up some sites