Help on IR Camera Sensor

So I am a novice on Arduino and wanted to do a fun temperature taking project using Arduino Uno & Adafruit IR thermal camera: project link: Adafruit AMG8833 IR Thermal Camera FeatherWing : ID 3622 : $44.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

I followed the instructions on the website, downloaded the library etc.

But for some reason, the module is returning -127.96 C which is obviously not correct. I disconnected the the IR camera from my Arduino board just out of curiosity and it returned the same values-so it makes me wonder if the IR camera is even connected to my board. Can someone provide me some insight on what I may be doing wrong. I attached an image of my schematics just in case I might be doing something wrong there.

Thank you in advance for your patience and help.

Looking at your drawing are those header pins just pushed in or soldered to the camera board ?

Pushed won’t work

Also in some prototyping boards the power rails do not carry on across the “ blank “ areas , you need to check that .
And .. you appear to have to connected the 3.3v power pin of the camera to 5v - You may have killed it , but correct the faults and try again.

Have you followed the examples exactly ?

You need to solder the header pins to the camera board. If you haven't soldered before, there are several good tutorials on line. Practice with something other than your IR camera board!

Example tutorial

Hi, thank you for the advice. The connections are just pushed in, not soldered. I didn't realize I had to solder connections right away. I thought you only soldered things once you were sure the connection worked. Because isn't soldering permanent? Anyway, I'm going to read the solder tutorial like you said. Thanks again for having patience with a newbie like me :confused: