Help with Stripboard-Arduino V2

A while back I published a instructable for a Stripboard-Arduino (stripduino) http://www.instructables.com/id/Stripboard-Arduino/

Thought is was about time I refined the plans a little and would really like the community’s input to help improve this one.

Stripboard-Arduino V1

Material List:

1x Atmel ATMega168 = £2.65
1x Stipboard = 72p
1x 7805 Voltage regulator = 26p
2x LEDs = 16p
2x 220 Ohm resistors = 8p
1x 10k Ohm resistor = 4p
2x 10 uF capacitors = 12p
1x 16 MHz clock crystal = 45p
2x 22 pF capacitors = 10p
2x .1 mfd capacitors = 10p
1x small momentary button = 18p

small amount of wire for jumpers

Total = £5.94

(All prices based on single component prices from bitsbox)

Anything you spot and think you would change, from layout to components…just holla!

very nice. For suggestions: 1) It's not quite arduino pin comaptible - right? Why not make it compatible to benefit from documentation and shield compatability. 2) I didn't see a communications port - why not put in a 6 pin header to fit a standard USB-ttl serial cable? Don't forget the power selection and auto-reset.

Maybe those would be options from your basic design.

very nice. For suggestions: 1) It's not quite arduino pin compatible - right? Why not make it compatible to benefit from documentation and shield compatability. 2) I didn't see a communications port - why not put in a 6 pin header to fit a standard USB-ttl serial cable? Don't forget the power selection and auto-reset.

Thanks bill2009 Regards communications port, I included a small layout diagram (last picture above) that shows how to wire up a 6pin isp, but didn't actually wire it up in the photos....but will certainly included it fully in V2.

Rearguards making it Arduino shield compatible, Im really not sure if its possible to do this with stripborad, as the arduino pins don't share the standardised pin spacing......but if there is a way round it, that would be amazing!!!

Rearguards making it Arduino shield compatible, Im really not sure if its possible to do this with stripborad, as the arduino pins don't share the standardised pin spacing......but if there is a way round it, that would be amazing!!!

Hi, n00b, these offset headers were created to align the offset Arduino pins with a standard stripboard. You could use them "in reverse" to make a standard stripboard align to the Arduino offset measurements. The 0.16" offset spacing is probably close enough to 0.15" (1-1/2 pins distance) to work Ok.

TBAr........I like the cut of your jib!

Will test it out and see if it works, my only concern is the offset starts about a mm down the leg....this may result in a wonky shied, but that what development is for!

Ha! Even after all the grief I gave you when you just joined the forum -- made you think about programming instead of just handing you the answers for free?

Seriously, it's good to see you posting again, even if it is on a hardware issue. ;)

There is also a slighty less high-tech solution to the offset header problem by another forum poster over at http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1257053143

Ha! Even after all the grief I gave you when you just joined the forum – made you think about programming instead of just handing you the answers for free?

;D ;D ;D
still cant program to save my life, but at least iv got a book on C, and arduino code to check befor i post on here now! :wink:

love that ghetto salutation to the offset!

Now go help some noobs with code! :stuck_out_tongue: