Help with the right PIC

Hello, My arduino code is ready. And now I want to send my code on a PIC.
I already found how to burn it in the PIC ( http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-UNO-as-AtMega328P-Programmer/ ). Buth I don't know which PIC I need to buy.

I use 8 pins on my arduino, 5V and GRN.
My pins are: 3 INPUT (2x Button - IR receiver)
5 outputs ( RGBLED - LED- ZOOMER)

Thx!

Your post makes no sense.
Can you explain what you are trying to do?

A PIC processor will not run Arduino code, and an Arduino (AVR processor) programmer will not will not work to program a PIC processor.

mauried:
Your post makes no sense.
Can you explain what you are trying to do?

So, Now I work on a breadboard and an arduino uno.
But I want to make a PCB and make my product with code portable.
So I want to change the arduino uno with a PIC.

Vivianne:
So, Now I work on a breadboard and an arduino uno.
But I want to make a PCB and make my product with code portable.
So I want to change the arduino uno with a PIC.

I'll voice what most people who read this will wonder... Why can't you just put an AVR processor on your PCB? :slight_smile:

jremington:
A PIC processor will not run Arduino code, and an Arduino (AVR processor) programmer will not will not work to program a PIC processor.

okey, if an PIC processor can't do that, which Microchip can I use?

Use one of the AVR processors now made by Microchip, since they bought out Atmel. I suggest an ATMega328.

If it works on an Uno, why not use a standalone Atmega328p, the same chip used in the Uno?

If the code is really small (compiles to under 8k), you could also use an ATTiny84 (see https://github.com/SpenceKonde/ATTinyCore for ATTinyCore package to support ATTiny with Arduino) - they are cheap and available in through-hole package.

When you prototype a design, you should always do it with a microcontroller that is at least similar to the one you plan to eventually use - same instruction set and product line for sure. The process of porting between different architectures is often not smooth (for example, many libraries only work on AVR, or AVR and SAM - and frequently they aren't clearly marked as such)

aarg:
I’ll voice what most people who read this will wonder… Why can’t you just put an AVR processor on your PCB? :slight_smile:

Because I am not familial with this microchip word and the types.
But anyway, thanks!

Now I know what to use.