Help with the Wifishield, cannot conect

I have an Arduino UNO with the WiFi Shield, but cannot connect, i've tried flashing the board, (http://arduino.cc/en/Hacking/WiFiShieldFirmwareUpgrading), but it cannot read the wifi, if i put a sentence like

if (WiFi.status() == WL_NO_SHIELD) {
    Serial.println("WiFi shield not present");
    // don't continue:
    while(true);
  }

always read "not present", and if i put the example code, mac address is "0.0.0.0.0.0"

now, if i program update the firmware from HDG104, the "link" led is on, after a moment, the "data" led is on, but if i program update the firmware from shield, the leds are off permanently.

Thanks for your help.

UP!

Find the folder where you installed the Arduino IDE application. Inside it you should have a sub folder named, hardware. Navigate down to ..\arduino\hardware\arduino\firmwares\wifishield\binary

Follow the firmware upgrade procedure, but using the wifi_dnld.elf and wifiHD.elf files in the sub folder you have navigated to.

The firmware version and the library version must match. The link you provided was to an earlier, out of date, version of the firmware.

My WiFi shields work fine with the firmwares included with Arduino 1.0.2 and 1.0.5

HTH

Thanks for your help, but still isn’t working, i think the board must be damaged, i’ll use the ethernet shield for my proyect, thanks again!