Helping with rear lights on the bike with brake signal and turn lights.

I was enjoying that discussion - much more interesting than the OP's question. And I found this:

tyre / tire
late 15th century (denoting the curved pieces of iron plate with which carriage wheels were formerly shod): perhaps a variant of archaic tire, shortening of attire (because the tire was the ‘clothing’ of the wheel).

Now the English language was influenced by the Brythonic, celts, the phoenicians, greeks, romans, saxons, vikings, and normans. So who knows where it originally came from.

Of course none of this alters the fact that tyre is how we spell it so clearly that must be the correct way.

.. I think we've lost the OP.

@serginho007 like i said start a project by making a VERY SMALL step towards it. You want to blink LEDs start from the blink example. And build on that in SMALL STEPS.

PerryBebbington:
Are you asking for someone to create a schematic for you? If so, then please click on report to moderator and ask them to move this to gigs and collaborations. Please indicate how much you are willing to pay. If you want help with designing your own schematic then you need to post your best effort and indicate which parts you need help with. There's plenty of information on this site and generally on the internet to help you with creating a schematic.

Firstly, thank you PerryBebbington for your explanation. Very appreciate.
About gigs and collaborations "… I didn't that exist here and maybe if I would know I would do that while I'm learning Arduino and electronics. Is moderator will move this topic to another part of the forum?

You have said you have lights of 60W, 40W and 20W. These would require 5A, 3.3A and 1.67A respectively at 12V, which is lot different to anything in the spreadsheet you posted.

To start with I wasn't planning to include head/front lights as they don't need to be controlled by Arduino or maybe I'm making a mistake as I want the front and rear light to be connected to the same switch. In this case, I maybe have to connect everything to Arduino...

Please take a look at the 8-channel Solid State Relay board I recently created here

Thank you CrossRoads, maybe that is what I need, I will send you PM to discussion if that's OK?

rzk:
not to being rude but the forum didn't work like that
our knowledges is free, but we won't help from 0 scratch for nothing.
at least do a raw design and then ask for review at "Project guidance"

rzk - I never worked for free when it comes to BIG jobs and would never ask anywhere (this forum or any other) that people do the THINGS for free. I am happy to pay for work if somebody got spear time to help with creating schematic and code for it. Sorry if in the beginning of this topic I make people understand that I need that for free...

johnerrington:
1: present your aim clearly in a few words. Is it a push bike or a motorbike? It makes a difference especially to the supply requirements.

2: you want to flash lights. Mostly 1-2 watts, 12V - easily handled by mosfets.

3: START SIMPLE. ANY arduino will do, so use your nano or whatever on a breadboard. Wire it up to an LED and get it to flash.

johnerrington - thanks to pointing of what I forgot to mention.

1. It's a eBike but I'm using STANDART motorcycle tail light to make it fork for me. Just using DC DC converter to make it 12v at the end and the rest should be very similar like it would be for motorcycle.
  2. Yes. I already order Voltage Regulators LM7805, so I can make a test on breadboard. Bad is only they come only at the end next week...
  3. I bought a couple week ago my first my Arduino and accessories to play with and know how to make lights flash but those BASICS manuals that come with sets do not explain other things such connect to breadboard stronger light, using voltage regulators and more important possibly that going to be hard to achieve to make brake light working because brake lever needs to be connected to the ebike controller and then to the rear light on the same wire ... I think.

raschemmel:
Just FYI, they're called "THREADS" as in 'needle and thread", not TREADS as in "treads on a tire".
Just sayin'...

Sorry for bas spelling. I'm speaking, writing and reading 4 languages (Russian, Ukrainian, Portuguese and English), so I just trust time to time Grammarly app corrections even I feel it look like wrong...

raschemmel:
If you know what you want, why don't you draw
the circuit on a blank sheet of printer paper , take
a photo of it and post it ?

Yes I will add a Fritzing file and picture of schematics and code. I did not post is because it is definitely wrong because it comes from other very similar project done by other person. I was thinking that like in my profession it's easier to build something new rather finding where is mistake. Maybe in electronics is not like that...

raschemmel:
It appears that you have not yet even used the "Blink" example in the arduino IDE, because that has all the code
you need. All you have to do is modify it. It is the simplest , most basic , "hello world" type beginner example.

Also, we need to know what, if anything , you know
about electronics ? Your project is extremely simple
so we have to ask why you need our help ?
Are you posting because you want US to generate
a CAD schematic and write the code so YOU can use it to make a YOUTUBE video of what WE did
and take ALL the credit for it ?

I did play with Arduino kit about 1 week, so I know how to make it flash or blink but what I need is a bit more than explains in those BASIC Arduino kit manuals, but I'm still making a small project on breadboard because that how I learn the code.
My electronics level is very basic. But I am still OK with electrician's tools (multimeter, etc.). I Can assemble PC form components, maybe do small diagnosis of components damaged or not working, etc. I made my self an eBike from scratch. Here my electric/electronics knowledge are finishing.

Please don't waste your time or ours by posting a Fritzing. We friggin' hate them ! They are not schematics. As I said, get a blank sheet of printer paper and a black pen, draw a schematic, take a photo, and post it. If you built an ebike without learning how to read and draw schematics then
you took the wrong path. Here we use schematics not fritzings. If you pist a fritzing we still going to request a schematic because fritzings are for people too lazy to learn schematic symbols.
If you will excuse me now I have to my Viking attyre so I can sharpen my sword.
"Erik the Red Viking Sword by Marto - Museum Replicas"

DVDdoug:
You should probably develop & test your code using regular LEDs that can be directly driven from the Arduino. The hardware can be worked-on separately. And you might want to built a test setup with switches & buttons if it's not convenient to have the bike in the same place you're programming.

The code will mostly be timers (see the Blink Example and the Blink Without Delay Example) and some if-statements.

Yes, thanks. I will try so make test sample just using LEDs to test the code and after when I got my voltage regulator LM7805 that I ordered I'll try to run spare similar set of similar lights that I got my bike.
Thanks for if-statements, will try to explore that.

DVDdoug:
The Button Example shows you how to turn-on an LED when a button is pushed. (You can simplify the hardware by enabling the built-in pull-up resistor, wiring the switch to ground instead of to +5V, and reversing the program logic to turn-on the LED when the input goes low.

Yes, I did play with this. That is easy, a part of writing a code. Keep learning by making those tests that coming with Arduino sets.

DVDdoug:
Hardware - If your real switches/buttons can be isolated from the 12V, you're good-to-go. If you must have 12V connected you can use an over-voltage protection circuit with or without a voltage divider. (You can increase the series resistor to about 10K or if you use a voltage divider the resistors can sum-up to about 10K.)

To drive the LEDs you can use a MOSFET driver circuit or you can use a relay board. (The Arduino can't directly drive a relay coil but you can get relay boards with a built-in driver circuit.)

Would be enough to use voltage regulators such LM7805 instead over-voltage protection circuit or MOSFET driver circuit?

Thank you for links DVDdoug - they are very helpful.

raschemmel:
Here's the thing: to build electronic circuits you have to learn electronics, which includes learning how to read and draw schematic diagrams. You use the forum search bar to search for related topics
or hou can google "arduino [followed by the topic] " followed by ["schematic"].
It would also help to learn "Ohm's Law".
The arduino IDE has examples that can be run by
clicking "File/examples".

Yes, I know many of these but obviously I can't create something serious with basic knowledge as I'm still learning every day. I believe to learn Arduino needs at leat couple of years to learn schematic and code. So, I'm doing this. Maybe if someone interested I'm happy to pay with my little project as everyone would agree - nobody would learn something couple o f years just to do the couple of small projects, so I said in beginning I'll to help...

raschemmel:
Please don't waste your time or ours by posting a Fritzing. We friggin' hate them ! They are not schematics. As I said, get a blank sheet of printer paper and a black pen, draw a schematic, take a photo, and post it. If you built an ebike without learning how to read and draw schematics then
you took the wrong path. Here we use schematics not fritzings. If you pist a fritzing we still going to request a schematic because fritzings are for people too lazy to learn schematic symbols.

I think Fritzing is good for people that just learning.l Possible later when I know more I'll change to more professional software when I know more symbols.
About lazy people... I do not know people that would take a couple of years' head chef course just to be able to cook at home!!! Please do not offend as this just my personal opinion as many people around me (friends, family) would never start something new (like schematics) with very complex software maybe like AutoCAD Electrical 2021... They will always start from something simple.

What software would you recommend to make schematics?

as everyone would agree - nobody would learn something couple o f years just to do the couple of small projects,

Sorry to have to break the bad news to you ,but electronics isn't something you learn for one weekend project.
If you are not interested in learning electronics then I don't see the point in posting here since the purpose of this
forum is to answer questions and help people who are trying to learn. If you have no desire to learn then I fail to
see why we should help you. If you ask specific questions we will still answer them but it's looking more and more
like you are suffering from a complete misunderstanding of the purpose of this forum, in that it is not here for you
to say , for example, "I want to do a YOUTUBE video about how to wire lights on an ebike. I don't know electronics
or have any desire to learn. Please make a CAD schematic to the following specifications and write the code for me.
I would appreciate that". It just doesn't work that way. You should probably just post on Gigs and Collaborations
forum and be done with it. Otherwise, you can draw a schematic and post it and ask questions.

I think Fritzing is good for people that just learning.l Possible later when I know more I'll change to more professional software when I know more symbols.
About lazy people... I do not know people that would take a couple of years' head chef course just to be able to cook at home!!! Please do not offend as this just my personal opinion as many people around me (friends, family) would never start something new (like schematics) with very complex software maybe like AutoCAD Electrical 2021... They will always start from something simple.

No said anything about CAD software, (for the second time). I said, and I will repeat, pick up a black pen, and a blank sheet of printer paper, draw a schematic, take a photo, and post it. That's it. No software.
And Fritzing is not good for people who are learning because it prevents them from learning. That's obvious. A
Fritzing is no help to us because we are NOT going to waste our time trying to trace lines in the image and reverse engineer it into a schematic. Do NOT post a Fritzing ! It is NO help to us, and you are kidding yourself to think it is.
Your repeated statement that it takes a couple of years to learn how to draw schematics it total rubbish. I learned in two weeks with a book I bought at Fry's electronics. I drew about 10 schematics a day for two weeks until I didn't need the book any more. There was no internet then. That was 40 years ago. Now you could learn it two days, with
all the schematics and explanations available on Google. I repeat, if you are not here to learn, you should go to
Gigs and Collaborations because we are here to help people who want to learn, and who KNOW that you can
Google "electronic schematic symbols" and pull up a few hundred different symbols. How long does it take to
draw a symbol on a blank sheet of printer paper with a black pen ? 10 seconds ? 20 seconds ? 30 seconds ? 40 seconds ? For the sake of discussion, let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say 60 seconds, which is 1 minute is it not ? Now do the math. Multiply 1 minute by 100. So let's see, how many years is that ? Oh my, it's only an
hour and forty minutes ! Wow ! I don't need two years to learn schematics ! I can do it in one day ! And the best
part is I don't need any expensive CAD software ! All I need is a black pen and plenty of printer paper. Let's see,
how expensive is that ? Printer Paper (500 cnt)

100 electronic schematic symbols

serginho007:

Then you think wrong. If you insist on posting silly pictures to the forum, don't be surprised to get no sensible suggestions. Fritzing is like "Fuzzy Felt", totally meaningless to the real world. Personally I think it is going to lead to problems if you resort to using that for your first steps, instead of the conventional and proven schematics that the whole world uses.
As for software, how about an HB pencil and some paper? I think that would be soft enough.
A little hint, don't bite the hand that feeds you. If you are asked to provide something, don't question it just do it. That way we can all offer the maximum help.

50 years experience in electronics and radio. Licenced UK radio amateur

Reminds me of the Heathkit HW-101 I blew up at my first electronics job. Plug a 300V power supply into a 13.8V
radio and you better be wearing sunglasses because the flash is blinding...

raschemmel:
Sorry to have to break the bad news to you ,but electronics isn't something you learn for one weekend project.
If you are not interested in learning electronics then I don't see the point in posting here since the purpose of this
forum is to answer questions and help people who are trying to learn. If you have no desire to learn then I fail to
see why we should help you. If you ask specific questions we will still answer them but it's looking more and more
like you are suffering from a complete misunderstanding of the purpose of this forum, in that it is not here for you
to say , for example, "I want to do a YOUTUBE video about how to wire lights on an ebike. I don't know electronics
or have any desire to learn. Please make a CAD schematic to the following specifications and write the code for me.
I would appreciate that". It just doesn't work that way. You should probably just post on Gigs and Collaborations
forum and be done with it. Otherwise, you can draw a schematic and post it and ask questions.
No said anything about CAD software, (for the second time). I said, and I will repeat, pick up a black pen, and a blank sheet of printer paper, draw a schematic, take a photo, and post it. That's it. No software.
And Fritzing is not good for people who are learning because it prevents them from learning. That's obvious. A
Fritzing is no help to us because we are NOT going to waste our time trying to trace lines in the image and reverse engineer it into a schematic. Do NOT post a Fritzing ! It is NO help to us, and you are kidding yourself to think it is.
Your repeated statement that it takes a couple of years to learn how to draw schematics it total rubbish. I learned in two weeks with a book I bought at Fry's electronics. I drew about 10 schematics a day for two weeks until I didn't need the book any more. There was no internet then. That was 40 years ago. Now you could learn it two days, with
all the schematics and explanations available on Google. I repeat, if you are not here to learn, you should go to
Gigs and Collaborations because we are here to help people who want to learn, and who KNOW that you can
Google "electronic schematic symbols" and pull up a few hundred different symbols. How long does it take to
draw a symbol on a blank sheet of printer paper with a black pen ? 10 seconds ? 20 seconds ? 30 seconds ? 40 seconds ? For the sake of discussion, let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say 60 seconds, which is 1 minute is it not ? Now do the math. Multiply 1 minute by 100. So let's see, how many years is that ? Oh my, it's only an
hour and forty minutes ! Wow ! I don't need two years to learn schematics ! I can do it in one day ! And the best
part is I don't need any expensive CAD software ! All I need is a black pen and plenty of printer paper. Let's see,
how expensive is that ? Printer Paper (500 cnt)

100 electronic schematic symbols

Thank you very for 100 electronic schematic symbols.
I only posted few comments in this forum and in all these comment you no going to find something that you said about myself (don't know electronics or have any desire to learn), because that is not about me. On the contrary I said and will be saying that I do learn and will be learning.
About pen & paper. Not comfortable with pen & paper, sorry but I'll try to use something else, not Fritzing.
About learning something when PC did not exist... I'm 43, professional furniture manufacturer with many years experience, so I understand you what mean learning with books. Understand when young people come to us, and they (after joinery, carpentry course) can't do absolutely anything because our workshop don't have modern CNC machines as they got in their training ground, we use woodworking routers for something special.

AJLElectronics:
Then you think wrong. If you insist on posting silly pictures to the forum, don't be surprised to get no sensible suggestions. Fritzing is like "Fuzzy Felt", totally meaningless to the real world. Personally I think it is going to lead to problems if you resort to using that for your first steps, instead of the conventional and proven schematics that the whole world uses.
As for software, how about an HB pencil and some paper? I think that would be soft enough.
A little hint, don't bite the hand that feeds you. If you are asked to provide something, don't question it just do it. That way we can all offer the maximum help.

Ok, thank you. I will not use Fritzing in the forum.

serginho007:

Free: Express schematic 7.0.2 - ExpressSCH - ExpressPCB

You can also download KiCad or use Easyeda.com. Both free and easy to use.

If you want to for-go all the default hardware.. and use some neopixels: :slight_smile:

How to make a schematic you can post

windoze_killa:
You can also download KiCad or use Easyeda.com. Both free and easy to use.

Thank you. KiCad looks good. Will explore it definitely later on.