Housing a Project

Hey, just recently made my first arduino project consisting of an arduino uno hooked up to a breadboard with an lcd and a ir sensor that goes with a remote. My question is how exactly would you guys recommend housing this? Since the lcd is attached to the breadboard there are obviously a bunch of wires right above it, and I want to somehow hide all of these and just expose the lcd. Also my IR sensor sticks upright out of the board, although if the lcd was to be mounted upright then the sensor would be sticking down, and not exactly sure on how to fix that either. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

You know how to solder?

unfortunately I don't, but how would this help?

Soldered:

Unsoldered:

Same project one on breadboard one on proto board.

Breadboards are for prototyping only and can't be finished products.
It quickly causes poor contact and fails.
Once the prototype circuit is works, the component (and wiring) need to be soldered to finish.

In many beginner cases, use a Perfboard for soldering. (Of course advanced users also use it.)
You can watch many videos by searching "Perfboard" on Youtube.

Or order a original design PCB to PCB manufacturer.
(Original PCB design requires the simple operation of PCB CAD such as KiCAD and EAGLE.)
But requires a some learning and can be a bit difficult.

Both are finally soldered yourself and completed.
There is also a way to have a factory solder it, but it is for intermediate users.
That's called PCBA.

PCB= Printed Circuit Board
A= Assembly

You can purchase some plastic housings with clear covers. If you can find one the size you need, Mount the LCD on some standoffs so it is near the clear cover. Then put masking tape on the inside of the clear cover where the LCD is.
There are bezels to be had for LCD's but I've found this method to be reasonably good looking and provides very good protection for the LCD. The rest others have provided good advice.

One more thought. If you do take the plunge and go the solder route I strongly suggest you purchase some Silicone Wire. In as many colors as you think you will need.
I use a lot of #28, If you feel this is too small for you try #26 or #24.

5V = red
3v3 = orange
Miso = blue
Mosi = gray
ground = black
etc

Why?
This wire has many many strands and the insulation is very flexible. You could consider the wire to be limp. It does not tend to move the board if a number of wires are connect to it.

When you solder the insulation does not melt.

All this makes it very easy to work with especially for a novice. I've been soldering electronics my whole life (a long time) and I love this wire.