How are you supposed to connect a Lipo Battery?

Hello, since I’m new to LiPo Batteries, i have a question on how you are supposed to connect this. I would like to connect the LiPo to the breadboard (If Safe). The battery has what is called a “Deans Plug”. Just so you guy know, the battery i refer to is, “Gens ace LiPo Battery Pack 2200mAh 25C 3S 11.1V with Deans Plug for RC Car Boat Truck Heli Airplane”. Sorry for the noob like question. Thank you in advanced!

(deleted)

Oh alright. Thanks!

Be aware that breadboards cannot handle the high currents demanded by motors, so the battery should be used only to power an Arduino and/or sensors.

Yeah... I’m using it mainly to power an l298n (Motor Driver).

Not a good idea, if the L298N is connected to a motor. You WILL burn the breadboard traces.

Use wires, and solder motor connections carefully. The quickest way to destroy a motor driver is to change wiring with the power connected!

What if i don’t make any LiPo connections on the breadboard? I believe the l298N module can hold up to 12 volts max.

DannyIsOnFire14:
Hello, since I’m new to LiPo Batteries, i have a question on how you are supposed to connect this. I would like to connect the LiPo to the breadboard (If Safe). The battery has what is called a “Deans Plug”. Just so you guy know, the battery i refer to is, “Gens ace LiPo Battery Pack 2200mAh 25C 3S 11.1V with Deans Plug for RC Car Boat Truck Heli Airplane”. Sorry for the noob like question. Thank you in advanced!

Not a good idea to wire direct to the breadboard, that battery could produce 100A or more when (accidently) shorted, standard breadboard wire will go red hot very quickly and can cause nasty burns.

If you must use it, build a short adapter lead from a male and female deans with an in-line fuseholder.

Since you are new to LiPos have you considered how you are going to charge them ?

Yeah, I’m buying a LiPo charger as well... Here’s what I’m gonna do then... not connect the battery at all to the breadboard. Thanks for letting me know!