how to change digital temperature readings from hundreds into degrees?

so I have the KY-028 digital temperature sensor and I have it hooked up to a 0.96in OLED display with an Arduino uno, I found some simple code just to display the data onto the screen, but all the sensor readings are in the hundreds for some reason and I can’t figure out how to get it to output data in degrees Celsius.

im using and it displays the data from the sensor(in hundreds) when I switch it to digital read it just stays at 1.00

here’s my code, wiring setup at the bottom.

#include <SPI.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <Adafruit_GFX.h>
#include <Adafruit_SSD1306.h>

#define OLED_RESET 4
Adafruit_SSD1306 display(OLED_RESET);

void setup() {
 Serial.begin(9600);

display.begin(SSD1306_SWITCHCAPVCC, 0x3C);  // initialize with the I2C addr 0x3C (for the 128x32)

display.display();
  delay(2000);

// Clear the buffer.
  display.clearDisplay();
  display.setTextSize(1);
  display.setCursor(0, 0);
  display.setTextColor(WHITE);

}

void loop() {

float sensor=digitalRead(A0);
  display.setCursor(0, 0);
  display.print("Tempature: ");
  display.println(sensor);
  display.display(); //you have to tell the display to...display
  delay(2000);
  display.clearDisplay();
}

DISPLAY:

SDA—A4
SLC—A5
VCC—3.3v
GND—GND

TEMP Sensor:

A0—A0
DO—pin 12
VCC—5v
GND—GND

arduino getting power from computer USB for now

any help is appreciated and if you need any more info that I didn’t put here ill be glad to provide it, thanks!

My guess is that the NTC thermistor on that module (the ky-028 not being a sensor, but the module as a whole) needs a library to read the digital pin, and probably some formula to convert the analog reading to a temperature.

A simple one-time read of a digital pin can only ever be 0 or 1 by definition, so it needs to read and digest a stream of those I'd say, to arrive at some value.

elvon_blunden:
My guess is that the NTC thermistor on that module (the ky-028 not being a sensor, but the module as a whole) needs a library to read the digital pin, and probably some formula to convert the analog reading to a temperature.

A simple one-time read of a digital pin can only ever be 0 or 1 by definition, so it needs to read and digest a stream of those I’d say, to arrive at some value.

ok, how would I go about doing that? sorry, I not that good with the coding side of things…

I understand that I need to include a library, and I’ve done that, I used the example sketch and its now outputting the temperature correctly in the serial monitor.

could you by any chance help me merge these two “scripts or sketches?” together (sorry I couldn’t think of another word for them)

code from example sketch from library:

#include <ACI_10K_an.h>

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
 Aci_10K an10k; //start an instance of the library
 //Aci_10K an10k(3.3,12);support for 3.3 volt board and/or 12bit analog read resolution
 Serial.print("temp: ");
 Serial.println(an10k.getTemp(analogRead(0)));
 delay(1000);

}

thanks!

@OP

It looks like that the following schematic does correspond to your Project Kit -- KY208; if so, can you measure on-going changing temperature with this one?

GolamMostafa: \It looks like that the following schematic does correspond to your Project Kit -- KY208; if so, can you measure on-going changing temperature with this one?

A look at the schematic tells me "no".

It's a kind of temperature switch - switching it's output when the temperature is above or below a certain point. Like a thermostat, but without a scale on the setting screw.