i'm new here and i'm also new to both arduino and electronics.
i have a 12v addressable led strip and i want to control it with my uno
so if i got things right, i should:
- connect the power supply (-) to my strip gnd as well as the gnd on my board.
- connect din from the strip to some digital port on the board, after filtering with some resistor
(am i right so far?)
3) i'm not sure how to connect the strip 12v? can i just connect it with the power supply (+)?
4) i see the 12v analog rgb strip needs mosfets for each color, should i use a mosfet?
5) do i need something else like a capacitor?
can somebody please help me?
- i did read some older topics on the forum but couldnt really get a clear information and i'm a bit afraid some catastrophe could happen if i plug things wrong
- i know i can only address it in groups of 3 leds, unfortunally it's the only rgb adressable strip i have,
- english is not my first language, so, sorry if i made some mistakes
- attatched you can find a pic of my led strip