How To get GPS data from celltowers when satellites are not in view using Sim868

Hi Sir,

I am using SIM868(Assist GPS) module to get gps location vert fast(TTFF very less) ,whenever satellites are not in view (means in indoor also it needs to get data from server instead of satellites,why because in indoor we may not get minimum number of satellites view) then automatically it needs to download data(.EPO)from http server,with updated network time and EPO files it needs to update gps location accurately...(i am not getting fast gps data access,if it is in indoor)

Here my doubt, is how cell towers are communicating and how gsm getting data from cell towers,is there any separate procedure? how to get gps location data near by cell tower??

i am new to this technologies,please help me :( :( :( :(

Thank you in Advance

how to get gps location data near by cell tower?

Why do you assume that you can get GPS data from a cell tower?

i assumed that,mobiles are working based on A-GPS technology ,my major doubt how cell towers are playing major role in this.

How we may get navigation ,if no satellites are available??Generally in mobiles, suppose if it is possible with mobile,why these simcom modules unable to get those features

Sir, i tried SIm868 A-gps methods 1)EPO method 2)SIM FAST FIX method

according to simcom manuals, i tried whatever at commands they suggested all those,but while coming to indoor performance im unable to get exact location if gps antenna is in indoor(but already i dowloaded .EPO file from httpserver,its size about 27,648 bytes ,after download saved in GNSS buffer using some commands,then also i didnt get assist gps performance when satellites are not in view..

please suggest any solution :( :( :( ???

Thank you in Advance

GPS assist does not provide fix information for your location, think about it.

GPS assist does allow you to bypass the download of the GPS catalog, which can then provide you with a fix fairly quickly, but only if the GPS can see a minimum number of GPS satellites.

Whether you can get the GPS location of the nearest mobile tower, I ma not sure, but as that can be several kilometers away, not sure its very useful.

There are also schemes out there that are attempting to provide approximate locations of mobile phones by measureing time of flight between WiFi and Mobile phoen masts, not sure if its avaialble for Arduino type users.

sailaja: please suggest any solution :( :( :( ??? Thank you in Advance

If there was one, you might imagine it would be easy to find information about it. What did your Google searches reveal ?

GPS assist does not provide fix information for your location, think about it.

GPS assist does allow you to bypass the download of the GPS catalog, which can then provide you with a fix fairly quickly, but only if the GPS can see a minimum number of GPS satellites.

Whether you can get the GPS location of the nearest mobile tower, I ma not sure, but as that can be several kilometers away, not sure its very useful. 

There are also schemes out there that are attempting to provide approximate locations of mobile phones by measureing time of flight between WiFi and Mobile phoen masts, not sure if its avaialble for Arduino type users.

Thank you for giving response,i got some clear view now..i searched in google,but i didnt undestood thier reponses,thats y i posted in forum

What you are actually asking for is a method of providing a location in circumstances where a GPS cannot work, which it cannot if it sees no GPS satellites.

yes sir,in some areas no gps signal, In that type of situation,how we may get current location even if it is indoor?

Thank you for your reply

Try Pozyx;

https://www.pozyx.io/

thank you so much..i will go through it

It is technically possible to get a rough location from just the cellphone signal (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_tracking ). How rough depends on what your coverage is like.

But a lot of the software/hardware does not give you access to the signal data needed ( I did have an App on a Nokia 9000 that gave me the signal data) but you also need the locations of all the cellphone towers and this is something the Networks do not give out.