How to make a servo motor move according coordinates?

Hey guys. My project is a lego delta robot made to draw. It is made with the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0 kit and has 3 servo motors, I need help with Arduino programming, how do I get the 3 motors to move at the same time in coordinates? How can I even make the servos move in coordinates?

Do not cross-post. Other thread removed.

[quote author=Coding Badly link=msg=3039237 date=1481506101] Do not cross-post. Other thread removed.

[/quote] what?

[quote author=Coding Badly link=msg=3039237 date=1481506101] Do not cross-post. Other thread removed.

[/quote]

You must have posted this question in another forum on the Aruduino site as well as this one. The rules state that such a practice is a no-no. I just signed up today, but I saw that in the rules for posting questions.

There isn't much in terms of what I can give you help with.

But take a look through the library and you should be able to start making the servo motors move.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/Servo

There are examples provided within the links as well. And there should be an example or two within the Arduino IDE as well.

NDSundin: You must have posted this question in another forum on the Aruduino site as well as this one. The rules state that such a practice is a no-no. I just signed up today, but I saw that in the rules for posting questions.

There isn't much in terms of what I can give you help with.

But take a look through the library and you should be able to start making the servo motors move.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/Servo

There are examples provided within the links as well. And there should be an example or two within the Arduino IDE as well.

Oh, thanks, just signed up today too.

how do I get the 3 motors to move at the same time in coordinates?

What kind of servos are they? If they are continuous rotation not-really-a-servo motors, then you'll need to explain how you know how long to run one or more of the motors, at what speeds, to move some fixed amount. Once you know that, then moving a variable amount is a matter of scale.

PaulS: What kind of servos are they? If they are continuous rotation not-really-a-servo motors, then you'll need to explain how you know how long to run one or more of the motors, at what speeds, to move some fixed amount. Once you know that, then moving a variable amount is a matter of scale.

Yeah, it's the ones in the lego kit, continuous rotation. It doesn't really matter, I just need to make them fallow a trajectory. It's like I need the 3 of them to move to (1,0), then the 3 to move at (1,1) at the same time.

It’s like I need the 3 of them to move to (1,0)

From the back side of the moon?

I can’t imagine how you are using 3 motors to move on a plane. I can not picture how you think you know where you are, so I can’t imagine how you will know that you are at 1,0. Once you are there, though, moving to 1,1 could be a matter of turning two motors on at the same speed for 2 milliseconds, 2 seconds, 2 weeks, or 20000 years, depending on what unit of measure the distance along the axes are measured in.

Of course, that assumes that when you are at 1,0, you are pointing towards 1,1. If you are facing some other way, you’ll need to call the spinInPlaceSomeUnknownAmountForSomeUnknownLengthOfTime() function to get you facing the right way.

NDSundin: You must have posted this question in another forum on the Aruduino site as well as this one. The rules state that such a practice is a no-no. I just signed up today, but I saw that in the rules for posting questions.

Nonsense. I don't know which other forum you're talking about but in general you can happily post here and there. Most people here don't care, just don't post the same question multiple times in different sections of this forum.

If a certain forum does not allow me to post the same question elsewhere, I will be out-of-there in no time.

sterretje: just don't post the same question multiple times in different sections of this forum.

That is what he did.

INamiyo: Hey guys. My project is a lego delta robot made to draw. It is made with the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0 kit and has 3 servo motors, I need help with Arduino programming, how do I get the 3 motors to move at the same time in coordinates? How can I even make the servos move in coordinates?

Now we need to SEE what sort of robot you have built, so post a picture. We need to know how you are programming it because this is an Arduino forum not a LEGO forum. We need to know what sort of input you want to get it to accept to turn into a drawing.

This is what I have done in the past:- Polar Bot Video

You need also to read this:- How to use this forum